Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little help here

[/URL]
    AFter I clicked ok, steam closes down, and I am left TF2 less...
    What does this mean?

Hmmm. Do anything to your system lately? Change launch options for TF2 at all?

Try this:

Close down Steam. Delete your ClientRegistry.blob file (only if you remember your Username/Password). Then restart Steam, Login, right click on the TF2 icon and go to "Properties". Click on the "Local Files" tab, and then click the "Verify integrity of game cache...".

If you get errors, you may need to re-download/reinstall TF2. If no errors are found, and you still can't start up TF2, then kick your computer.....it probably deserves it

Its possibly a memory error, an error in TF2/Steam, or some other conflict/driver issue that isn't so obvious. If it keeps happening, might I suggest a little trip down the River

Comment

sheesh, why does a headache await me at home after work. I just
      want to relax, play a game, then sleep.

Hmmm. Do anything to your system lately?
      Well, this crap happened.
      http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=23908

Did what you told me, now I got this..

and I even threw in some extra kicks for the hell of it.

Comment

Its possible whatever infected your system corrupted the Steam folder or files Steam/TF2 depend on to run properly. Whenever you introduce an unknown program into the mix, all sorts of nasty things like this can occur, with very little you can do to track down what happened.

You might want to try and reinstall steam. Before you do that, backup all your Non Valve games and make copies of all the GFC files and place them elsewhere (preferably on another hard drive just to be sure). You won't need actual backups just to reinstall steam, but its good to have just in case something DOES go wrong. Afterall, your system has been compromised, so no telling what could go wrong. Many worm/viruses are insidious to the degree that you cannot completely remove them with just your standard AV software. At some point, you may have to do a wipe and a reinstall of Windows. That's the only way you'll know FOR SURE that you don't have any problems with hidden files messing up your system.

Until then, you can keep tweaking at things and hope something works. Just don't get your hopes up too much.

Comment

I had the same problem about 3 months ago you have to remove the game and re download it this will then fix the problem I know it's a pain but it's the only way to fix it.

Comment

that sucks dude i have no patience for all of that. i just get mad and hit it :P and then i'm screwed and have to buy a new computer lol.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X