digital camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital camera?

i am asking my parents for a digital camera for christmas, but i want a budget one, not an uber133t camera. My slightly brief search led me to this camera:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830122110

its a lil bit more than i'd expect, i'd rather stay in 100 - 150 range, but how does this lil guy fare?

Well, from browsing around the reviews, it appears to be great for the price, except for indoors. People are saying it is grainy and the quality is low, but outdoors it is fine.

Comment

I prefer Canon. I have this one, and I really like it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830120148
      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

A couple of months ago I was on the camera market. Everyone told me that Canon was the leader for point-and-shoot and cameras, so I went with a Canon, and I've never looked back.

Comment

I have the Fuji s7000 and owned another Fuji prior to that. I've always had good experiences with the brand. While not a true SLR it lets you look out of the lens when you use the small view finder.
          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

I'm going to sit in on this thread as i've been tempted to buy one for a long time. So then, who's in the know? I've seen many in use and the finished article on most of them is awful. Grainy, bad colour reproduction etc.

One thing i'm confused over is the ISO number. Some people say go really high, especially when taking low light photos without a flash. Others say lower is better.

And am i right in thinking that Optical and digital zoom is the best, then optical, then digital?

Comment

My 2 cents

I really like Canons....I believe optical zoom is always better than digital

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
                My 2 cents

+1

I have a Cannon PowerShot A620 amd i love it.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yeah, it is. Disabling digital zoom is the first thing I do when I get a camera. I hate it...

Regarding ISO: I don't know the technical stuff behind it, but from personal experience it seems to control brightness. The higher the ISO, the brighter it is. But with my camera, the Canon S5 IS, the highest ISO setting tends to produce grainy images, whereas the lower ISO settings haven't ever so far. Maybe a camera enthusiast can help us clear that up a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by RobotBanana
                    Yeah, it is. Disabling digital zoom is the first thing I do when I get a camera. I hate it...

Regarding ISO: I don't know the technical stuff behind it, but from personal experience it seems to control brightness. The higher the ISO, the brighter it is. But with my camera, the Canon S5 IS, the highest ISO setting tends to produce grainy images, whereas the lower ISO settings haven't ever so far. Maybe a camera enthusiast can help us clear that up a bit?

Well in the world of physical film that holds true. Generally speaking you use higher ISO film in darker conditions but, graininess is a byproduct of that.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X