This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up your Player Profiles !!!

As our friend Robot found out, all your player stats are saved on YOUR local hard-drive,,,

Immediately save a copy of your player profile data, so in case something happens and your file gets corrupted, you can recopy the backup and save your stats and rank..

If you run XP then the profiles are stored in:
    C:\program files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warefare\players

If you run Vista (and use UAC) they are stored in the vista virtual store

For Steam users, the profiles are stored in:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty 4\players\profiles\

I have been reading some articles about this but if you plan to reformat, Uninstall the game or with robot's patching experience.... Unless you don't care I would suggest doing so.

Comment

Yup, I won't be making that same mistake again.

For Steam users, the profiles are stored in:
      C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty 4\players\profiles\

Comment

Thx Robot !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
          Thx Robot !!!
          No problem.

Comment

FYI In case you are using Vista and have UAC turned off you can find the Players folder using the advanced search option.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

OK, so I just got a new laptop for Christmas and just installed CoD4 and I'm trying to transfer my profile over to my new computer. The problem is my old computer runs Windows XP and this new laptop runs Vista.

I found the file just fine on my old PC with XP, but when I went to transfer this to my laptop the CoD4 file doesn't have the same file for "profiles" like XP had.

I've never used Vista before so I'm still really new to it, any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong and how to transfer my profile?

Comment

Have you played a round on vista yet? it could be possible you have to play a round in order to get the profiles folder created. Otherwise i would create the folders and paste the data in.
                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock
                  Have you played a round on vista yet? it could be possible you have to play a round in order to get the profiles folder created. Otherwise i would create the folders and paste the data in.
                  Yup, that fixed it!

Just had to finish a round before the folder appeared.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

kow, how did u transfer ur profile from XP to XP? i just got a new laptop as well with XP, and ive tried transfering the actual profile over, and all it did was reset singleplayer (cause i dont play single on my desktop) and it didnt update my multiplayer tho. same name too, idk what to do, ive tried.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatsLife
                      kow, how did u transfer ur profile from XP to XP? i just got a new laptop as well with XP, and ive tried transfering the actual profile over, and all it did was reset singleplayer (cause i dont play single on my desktop) and it didnt update my multiplayer tho. same name too, idk what to do, ive tried.
                      I never transfered my profile from XP to XP, however, I think it should work similarly.

No clue what to do about it not updating the multilayer stats, thats weird 0_o

Comment

Ok. I saved my profile and placed it into my new COD4 install. It worked for the first day but now it doesn't recognize my profile. I even replaced my profile again and it still wont recognize it. Any suggestions?

Comment

I think it was a poor idea on behalf of Activision to have it set up like this...whats to stop coders from rewriting the 1 or 2 lines to give themselves or friends higher ranks and items?? I mean the coding cant be anymore difficult then FTA boxes to crack

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus
                            I think it was a poor idea on behalf of Activision to have it set up like this...whats to stop coders from rewriting the 1 or 2 lines to give themselves or friends higher ranks and items?? I mean the coding cant be anymore difficult then FTA boxes to crack
                            Its already being done. The hackers are out there already. Look around now and you will notice them. They already have built in GUI and rank cheats.

Its a damn shame that we cant ever have a hack free game anymore.

Comment

There are not really as many cheats as you would think compared to some other games, but remember we are as close to Cheat Free as humanly possible, we already have over 700 players banned from our COD4 server for cheating..

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X