Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001096

I'm looking at getting this monitor to use for my 360 and my PC.

Anybody have any experience/thoughts on the product?

I use a dual samsung 21" setup at work. They're great monitors. The only prob is one monitor came with a stuck pixel. All the engys have that setup and people seem ok with them.

Comment

I have a Samsumg very similar to this one and absolutely love it!

MD

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
        The only prob is one monitor came with a stuck pixel.

I don't have much experience with buying monitors from newegg.

Would they take it replace it within a reasonable amount of time after the purchase?

edit: I was being lazy.

So I looked for myself. Newegg says there has to be atleast 8 dead pixels to be declared defective and eligible for return.

Do pixels go dead due to something in manufacturing or shipping/handling?

Comment

can i make a suggestion?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009094

This one is mine. i have purchased 2 so far, mine, and one for my brother in law for christmas. they are inexpensive, usually have free shipping, have the SAME characteristics as the samsung model, and imo, are great all around monitors. and they are some of the cheapest as well.

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
            can i make a suggestion?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009094

This one is mine. i have purchased 2 so far, mine, and one for my brother in law for christmas. they are inexpensive, usually have free shipping, have the SAME characteristics as the samsung model, and imo, are great all around monitors. and they are some of the cheapest as well.
            +1 Acer are awesome! They aren't a big name and they're cheap which sadly puts a lot of people off from buying them.

Comment

the last 4 pc monitor purchase i have been apart of(Mine, my brother in law's, Limey's, and my bosses) have all been Acer's. the company has been around forever, but as Juneau has pointed out, they are big pc makers, not component makers, so they are not that well known. they have great standards and many years applying them, which is why i recommend them.

Comment

I've been browsing some of the reviews for the acer.

There are some complaints about color among a few other things.

The samsung is a bit quicker (2ms...it may not matter) plus I can't find a bad review of it.

Keeping in mind, this will be a gift to me, I think the extra $70 investment couldn't hurt.

Comment

I've had a samsung LCD for a couple years now, I love it. I try and always buy samsung stuff when I can, most of their products are top notch

Comment

Originally posted by Rovey Wade

The samsung is a bit quicker (2ms...it may not matter) plus I can't find a bad review of it.

Keeping in mind, this will be a gift to me, I think the extra $70 investment couldn't hurt.
                    Response times are pointless now. Some of the Dell monitors have times of 12 and 16ms, yet they beat these super fast displays to a pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovey Wade

if its a gift, buy all means, go for the expensive ones. lord knows i do. i asked for a 1TB WD WorldBook & a Fatality Xfi sound card for christmas based on that assumption! but for the Discerning customer on a budget, acer is pretty good.

don't get me wrong, samsung makes great ones too, but, i am a budget builder. lol.

Comment

I currently have 2 Samsung panels - 1 standard and 1 widescreen and I absolutely love them.

I also have a Samsung HDTV.
                        A change of Pace.
                        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Ahh so it's a gift! Samsung Pebble for you!

Comment

I have a samsung HDTV and it's heaven. I just got a new monitor and it's only a 19" HP w1907 LCD but it's the nicest monitor i've ever had. This is going to hold me over until I can let the wife inherit it and talk her into letting me upgrade to a 22" or so.

Comment

Acer 22in for me, but then I was saving some money.
                              It works as well or better than my 19in did.
                              Screen response is instant.

But by all means go for broke if you have the cash.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X