grenades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grenades.

Is it just me or is CoD4 starting to feel more and more like BF2142 with all of the nade spaming. And on top of that, i've noticed that you can hold the grenade for a few seconds and then throw it, and as soon as it lands it explodes. I thought CoD4 was suposed to be a bit more realistic? If one was to do this in real life, the grenade wouldn't start it's delayed fuse untill it was thrown. Sorry, but nades are really starting to tick me off with this game.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

You actually can cook grenades in real life. As soon as the "Spoon" flips off the grenade, the fuse starts ticking. IIRC a grenade goes boom after about 5 sec's. We did that in Basic Training oh so long ago.

MD

Comment

I played the 360 version over the weekend, the campaign only (it's one tough game), and they nade spam. At least in this game you have time to run and in 2142 you HAD to go a certain way (if you're assaulting a titan), this game you really don't need to, and you can throw it back.

I haven't had the chance to play online though, so I can't say much, but being able to throw it back seems nice.

But for them holding it down for a bit, they can't shoot, so they can be an open target

Comment

Yeah cooked nades are aggravating... If the person has the timing down, there's basically nothing you can do. But that game world is a pretty dangerous place to live anyway... People can have perks that let them shoot through walls, shoot stronger, or take more hits than you... etc. Cooked nades are just another thing that makes staying alive a challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorDeath
          You actually can cook grenades in real life. As soon as the "Spoon" flips off the grenade, the fuse starts ticking. IIRC a grenade goes boom after about 5 sec's. We did that in Basic Training oh so long ago.

MD
          Eh, kinda. When released the real "safety" is released, which is the spoon. The pin simply keeps the "spoon" in place so that the fuze doesn't drop and start the timer/delay element. At least the newer ones are designed like this.

Comment

There is actually a "Challenge" or two for points that involves Cooked grenades. Points to be had.

Some maps seem more geared for nade spamming than others.
            With the 3x grenade unlock, I am seeing more of this than when
            we first started.

People throw grenades into places where they
            expect enemy players to spawn. People shoot into
            holes or through walls where they expect people to be hiding.

Some maps do feel like the hallways on the TiTan to a large degree.
            The only difference, is that you can't resupply your grenades
            without dying. THANK GOODNESS.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

doesn't matter with an instant respawn.

Comment

Truth... And with no TK problems, they just throw and go.

Cain has to weigh in what FF On/Off will mean to the server count though.
                With TK turned on, we might lose a large percentage of players.

So I ask people to get OUT of the dang doorway or blocking a route.
                All it does is stack up 4-5 people, and here comes the nade to take us
                all out. I try to avoid the obvious nade spam junctions to avoid the
                pain, but obviously that isn't always possible.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Nade spam and spray and pray! Ahhhh the foundation of the CoD series. I would like to see the game go more tactical less nades and sprinting. Tactical isn't the popular thing though...I love a good 10vs10 match though.

Comment

At least there isn't someone behind them supplying them with unlimited nades to throw.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                      At least there isn't someone behind them supplying them with unlimited nades to throw.
                      Apache
                      see my post as few posts up for correct response.

Comment

Unless you have the unlock for extra nades... each player only has one and me personally wouldn't waste an unlock perk box for nades.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                          Apache
                          there is an ugly memory !!

Comment

allright, combine that 1 frag grenade with the 2 from the M203 and a flash/stun/smoke and you have a nice little supply of chaos with you. The fact that you can seem to toss these things quite a ways further then one should be able to also irks me though.

Comment

With all the players jamming up the doorways and hallways, half of my grenades come right back at me anyway.

And we all know how that ends.......suicide

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X