Questions about the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the game

So now that it's been released...did they change the no prone failure? Are there one-shot kills (like for sniping), or do you have to shoot a guy's head twice to knock him down? What's everyone's verdict on the game, worth buying?

From what people are saying it a must buy mate.

Comment

snipers are one shot one kill... the game is awesome... buy it now... oh and cain put up a server lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        snipers are one shot one kill... the game is awesome... buy it now... oh and cain put up a server lol.
        I hope cain will plz's put up a sever

Comment

There were 1 shot kills in the beta. Even I got a few!

AIUI - there will NOT be prone.

It's a good game, but it's no BF3.
          A change of Pace.
          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

If the only reason you wont buy the game is because it doesnt prone, then its not the game for you-

RE: One shot- where you hit someone is important to determine that. Bullet trajectories drop with gravity over time, so you may aim above the head to get the head, and etc. The game mode is also critical to this value- some modes will require 2 shots to drop people.

The game is a steady continuation of BF2 with better hitboxes, better movement, better environment variables, and a cleaner control of the map.

Remember the endless runway for planes to fly around in? The game boundries apply to everyone now- and you have 10 seconds to get back in, and for each moment you are out you incur damage.

Kit assemblies make sense and take little time to understand configurations. The progression stack makes it sound and achievable so that you are learning the game as you take on more accurate weapons. Less accurate weapons mean you will use your environment more, and thus get better at playing the game.

Squads- its much more clear who is who and what is what. The only gripe is that you cannot join or leave a squad unless you are dead and waiting to spawn.

VoIP- sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

Server configuration- this will take time to do. In fact there are so many ways for your comunity to do this that I dont see anyone getting this right for at least 3 months. Downside is that there seems to be an issue with autobalance- so far my Clan server is attracting fair and competent people who are more than happy to balance out for the sake of fun.

Tactics- this game punishes killwhores. In fact the people who are killwhoring rather than playing objectives quickly get rooted out- so the snipers are constantly scrambling, and that scrambling makes them clear targets-

This game also has a socialization key in one of the modes so that if I see an enemy group, I can highlight up to two of those targets for about 20 secs, and a red inverted triangle appears on them- for all on my team to see in the map.

I can go on, by why spoil it. This game is a buy and puts MW2 into a 'shame on you' category.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
              If the only reason you wont buy the game is because it doesnt prone, then its not the game for you-

RE: One shot- where you hit someone is important to determine that. Bullet trajectories drop with gravity over time, so you may aim above the head to get the head, and etc. The game mode is also critical to this value- some modes will require 2 shots to drop people.

The game is a steady continuation of BF2 with better hitboxes, better movement, better environment variables, and a cleaner control of the map.

Remember the endless runway for planes to fly around in? The game boundries apply to everyone now- and you have 10 seconds to get back in, and for each moment you are out you incur damage.

Kit assemblies make sense and take little time to understand configurations. The progression stack makes it sound and achievable so that you are learning the game as you take on more accurate weapons. Less accurate weapons mean you will use your environment more, and thus get better at playing the game.

Squads- its much more clear who is who and what is what. The only gripe is that you cannot join or leave a squad unless you are dead and waiting to spawn.

VoIP- sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

Server configuration- this will take time to do. In fact there are so many ways for your comunity to do this that I dont see anyone getting this right for at least 3 months. Downside is that there seems to be an issue with autobalance- so far my Clan server is attracting fair and competent people who are more than happy to balance out for the sake of fun.

Tactics- this game punishes killwhores. In fact the people who are killwhoring rather than playing objectives quickly get rooted out- so the snipers are constantly scrambling, and that scrambling makes them clear targets-

This game also has a socialization key in one of the modes so that if I see an enemy group, I can highlight up to two of those targets for about 20 secs, and a red inverted triangle appears on them- for all on my team to see in the map.

I can go on, by why spoil it. This game is a buy and puts MW2 into a 'shame on you' category.

+1

Comment

two questions whats voip is that in game voice?

and there are dedicated servers it is steam friendly though/open steam tell it to join server make a sanvich and come back its good to go?

Comment

They are dedicated servers and VOIP is voice chat.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                    two questions whats voip is that in game voice?

and there are dedicated servers it is steam friendly though/open steam tell it to join server make a sanvich and come back its good to go?
                    Duke is correct.
                    Dedicated servers= seeing servers named "I <censored > your mom and the familycat" (I saw this yesterday) and no more "automatching" fullship.

Let's just say this- I am a workaholic these days, and I actually called in sick yesterday to play all day.

Comment

Not worth it if you like Arcade shooters. Looking for teamwork/tactics in online gaming? Never gonna happen. Save your cash and get that Spaz-12 you always wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        Not worth it if you like Arcade shooters. Looking for teamwork/tactics in online gaming? Never gonna happen. Save your cash and get that Spaz-12 you always wanted.
                        LOL.

Well, the teamwork/tactics angle works in this game, and we were doing pretty well. Teamspeak or Vent is a requirement though if you want to do advanced tactics and organized strikes.

Comment

I totally agree with Hammy's post. This game is definitely a must buy. Also I'm so glad they didn't add prone...this is supposed to be a fast-paced game and it would promote more camping than there already is.

Comment

Should be picking up a copy this weekend disk so i dont spend a full weekend dl'ing it

Comment

Thanks for the input all. I'll probably get it this weekend...I wouldn't let all Hammy's research go to waste (very thorough, very thorough indeed).

It still saddens me about the lack of prone. I rarely snipe, and when I do it's seldom from prone...but snipers are force multipliers, and I think that to lessen that by eliminating prone kind of...awww, nevermind.

Anyway, since there's no server for the Lair (and I'm guessing there won't be for a bit with the TF2 filling things up still) I might not rush into playing it. Also am just about finished prestiging on MW and there are a couple of good RTS titles coming this month (got one already)...so I'll have my hands full. But hopefully I will see some of you around when I do go online with it: you can teach me how to teamwork! Would be good to see some of you online.

Steam ID: orderofskud

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X