Server browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server browser

Is it just me or does this this stink. On my end it's very slow to load all the servers and even with some filters on it take forever to load. Is it just my setup or have others found this to be the case?
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Yeah, the browser is really buggy for me too. Loading all servers takes a while as expected but setting filters is quite fast for me. I usually just cancel it updating all servers then just search by what I want to play at the time.

Comment

yeah its slow for me. After the third search its seems to lagged out. So I just stick to the Dallas servers in my history and favorites

Comment

I just use the filter option and its quite fast

Comment

The server browser is Dreadfully slow for me.

And I am not getting pings for some reason.

I just have to guess as to what sounds close geographically (I am in Florida).

The game is fun and has lots of potential if they can fix the buggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bon3z View Post
            The server browser is Dreadfully slow for me.

And I am not getting pings for some reason.

I just have to guess as to what sounds close geographically (I am in Florida).

The game is fun and has lots of potential if they can fix the buggies.
            +1

I guess when you find a server you like then you could add it to your favorites and then go in but it would still be nice to see your ping.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

It only feels like it takes longer because you get all the results at once instead of one at a time, and all the while you are just sitting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                It only feels like it takes longer because you get all the results at once instead of one at a time, and all the while you are just sitting there.
                You nailed it on the head

In BF2 they added the servers 1 at a time so you could join one that interested you before the rest were loaded

Comment

The first time I logged on I used the "Join Now" button I got assigned to a server in Australia.

I only have about an hour of play time but it seems pretty fun so far. I'm still a level 1 noob but someday I hope to be a level 2... noob!

Comment

The sever seem to take forever to load up U hope they sort it soon but on the other hand if Cain would put up a sever we could just add it as fav

Comment

I wish the ping column worked.

Comment

I have to say I'm none to impressed with the server browser.

Yesh it seems slow that may be a personal impression. However the ponderous slow cha-clunk sound effect is not helping.

Also the ability to have persistent search filters would be nice.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X