Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free copy of Vista Ultimate or other MS software

http://wfp.microsoft.com/

This is open to users of Vista or XP, and requires signing up for a survey program and a software install that collects data on how you use your computer. You have to participate for 3 months to get your 1 free gift (per person).

Details
    Download the free software needed to participate.
    To participate in the Automated Feedback Program, you'll need to download and install software on your home computer. You will be installing a small application called "Windows Feedback Panel" on your computer. This application starts up automatically every time you log in to Windows and silently gathers and records information about the use of your home computer on an ongoing basis.

If you have a secondary PC or a PC that doesn't do much but sit around, this is a great way to score Vista or Office 2007 for free.

Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

How much prying does this little app do? I'm tempted to install it, but not if it's going to watch my every move.

Comment

Juneau, no details on that, but I threw it on my bench rig, which is running Windows Live OneCare AV, and OneCare has already alerted me that it was allowing access thru the firewall for two programs that are part of the surveying software.
      I rarely use that PC for anything other than troubleshooting work, and in fact had an external IDE/SATA device hooked up to a naked hard drive so that I could pull customer data off of it to save onto a new drive in their PC.

That PC will be getting upgraded over Xmas (new CPU and more RAM) so it'll be interesting to see what happens when Genuine Advantage kicks in and I have to activate again. In reality, I have little need for a Vista Ultimate DVD, as I'm sitting on a free copy of Home Premium, but I can always use it down the road or finally step up to a 64bit OS eventually.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I'm doing it now, I would love a free copy of Vista for when It's time to upgrade my PC. (My laptop is running it already.... what a resource hog!)
        If they want to watch me play video games and watch some adult movies that's A-OK with me

Comment

It's only open to US residents 18 or older.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

i wonder if the app will run on linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
              Apache
              Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                Apache
                Typical.
                Dang, I got all excited there...

Comment

They are having problems giving VISTA away !!

Comment

I love vista

Comment

Are they giving away 64 bit versions?

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
                        Are they giving away 64 bit versions?
                        Yes.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm lovin my 64 bit Vista...MUAH! I just kissed my PC.

Comment

Yep, I had initially passed on the 64bit Vista Business copy I got for free, but in hindsight that was what I needed to get. So this will make up for that lack of foresight.
                            Unfortunately, I don't have a rig that I want Ultimate on at this point, so I assume I can't unregister my existing Business license and upgrade to Ultimate without a hassle.
                            If the Anytime Upgrade accepts a key, I could plug in the Ultimate key, thereby freeing up my Business license for another PC ...

my head hurts from thinking about this ... continue with the thread.

Comment

Can you dual boot a 32 vista and a 64 vista?
                              [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
                              You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X