Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aarg! Helicopter flying

Is there a player's manual somewhere?

I don't seem to know what the controls mean.

I immediately crash every time I try to pilot the thing.

just manually set the controls to your liking....it's fairly easy if you the setup is to your liking....you can try a YouTube video

Comment

Default controls...

W - Altitude up
      S - Altitude down
      A - Rotate left
      D - Rotate right
      Mouse forward - Pitch forward (move forward)
      Mouse back - Pitch back (move backwards)
      Mouse left - Roll left (Strafe left from stationary or to increase turning speed while moving/turning)
      Mouse right - Roll right (Strafe right from stationary or to increase turning speed while moving/turning)

Comment

i learned from the bf2/2142 days that flying with a keyboard is far more difficult. i mean u can fly but not at perfection. i would suggest to buy a joystick for it.
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

LOL my beautiful Saitek X52 is put away and I jumped into the chopper just a moment ago and forgot that I didnt remap my keys....lets just say I got like 30 ft up and that was the end of it

Comment

Last time I used my Saitek X52 was in the Beta and it was no better then using the keyboard. The Throttle was worthless and the joystick took amout of lean just to make a turn. I havent tried it yet on the complete game. I haven't flown the heli yet on the complete version of this game but is it better or does it still take about of time to just make a turn.
            Last edited by Caddys83; 7 Mar 2010, 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Saitek X52 BFBC2

Please post if you find a solution to the problem. In the meantime I am using a Logitech Gamepad for the Chopper......

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post
                Please post if you find a solution to the problem. In the meantime I am using a Logitech Gamepad for the Chopper......

you should post an introduction Introduce Yourself to our Community - Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Powder View Post

Welcome!
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Helicopter tips:

[BF:BC2] Helicopter Guide - Modern Warfare 24/7 Forums

(yeah I know, mw2 forums, boo, but great tips)

Comment

Originally posted by Aessassen View Post
                      Helicopter tips:

[BF:BC2] Helicopter Guide - Modern Warfare 24/7 Forums

(yeah I know, mw2 forums, boo, but great tips)
                      Whoa thats alot of reading.... Cliff notes lol

Here is what I found out... I went into a empty server that have heli and practice (The desert map is good)... I think I got it down with my Saitek X52 joystick but I need more time... Anyway here is the mouse and keyboard for anyone that needs it.

I use my A W D S (A =left, D = right, W = up, S =down) They main key is your mouse control... When you jump in the pilot seat, Press W but what ever you do, "Don't touch the mouse! Once the heli levels out, Now slowly and I mean "SLOWLY" pull the mouse back and you pitch forward (Your heli nose will go up). Push the mouse slowly foward and you pitch downward (heli nose will go down) Try not to use the mouse left and right other wise you lose total control untill you get the hang of it. Moving the mouse left or right will cause you heli to roll to the left or right.

Now to move the heli forward, Push the mouse SLOWLY forward and once you start to pitch down, Press W to get you movement started and adjust as needed.

Once you get the hang of things, you can start to use your mouse left and right movement for the left and right body roll.

Good luck everyone

Comment

Here is a fix for the X52 and other sticks

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...load-here.html

Comment

ive bought two of those damn things, and they went to crap after a month each time!! it sucks because i know others who have had their last forever, plus, its an awesome stick.

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
                          LOL my beautiful Saitek X52 is put away and I jumped into the chopper just a moment ago and forgot that I didnt remap my keys....lets just say I got like 30 ft up and that was the end of it

Comment

yea mine has been good to me and has taken a beating with FSX and Arma

Comment

i guess if i treated them like crap, i wouldnt care, but i baby'd those damn things. Its kind of hard to even find it anymore. They seem to have a "pro" version now, all that seems different is the colors, and maybe an extra button.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X