Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List the bugs that you like most.

Hi!

Haven't played the game much, but instead found many bugs to love.

Here are some of them:

1. When you finally manage to get into the game and play for around 30 to 60 seconds, you are kicked by PB:
    "You have been kicked from the game. The reason is:Punkbuster kicked player ?playername?(for 0 minutes) ? PB INIT FAILURE (if this persists, visit evenbalance.com slick support to manually update PunkBuster)."

2. Try to login your account... start a "Play Now" game search and the GUI hangs until you have the mercy to end it via the taskmananger.

3. Playing a round and getting a high score? They have something for you too: The BF2 error "Crashing back to desktop" is back. As with all BF games in the series, don't even expect a useless error message. You are not going to get one. Just enjoy your desktop wallpaper.

So what bugs have you encountered so far?

Grisu
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
    Hi!

Haven't played the game much, but instead found many bugs to love.

Here are some of them:

1. When you finally manage to get into the game and play for around 30 to 60 seconds, you are kicked by PB:
    "You have been kicked from the game. The reason is:Punkbuster kicked player ‘playername’(for 0 minutes) … PB INIT FAILURE (if this persists, visit evenbalance.com slick support to manually update PunkBuster)."

2. Try to login your account... start a "Play Now" game search and the GUI hangs until you have the mercy to end it via the taskmananger.

3. Playing a round and getting a high score? They have something for you too: The BF2 error "Crashing back to desktop" is back. As with all BF games in the series, don't even expect a useless error message. You are not going to get one. Just enjoy your desktop wallpaper.

So what bugs have you encountered so far?

Grisu
    I havent payed much attention to the bugs but Number 2 was the best for me that I in counter. I had that browser hanged on me a few times everything moved slow. I couldnt do anything.

Comment

I have encountered all....as for the PB, visit my stickied thread and make sure you deleted the BETA from ur system...if you get a CTD, even though it is annoying, you still get your pts updated

Comment

Has Anyone seen this? I dont know if this is a glitch or someone ranking hacking. I wish I got his guid just in case but I forgot. Its kinda hard to see in this forums but if you click on the link, you'll get a better clip.

I was in my old favorite server from back in the day of BF2 in a Squad. While I was trying to figure out how to respawn (or if I even could respawn) back into my squad when I see one of my squad teamates rank going crazy. I thought about report it to EA/Dice but I'm sure they known it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HllsXOfJa1Q

Comment

That is very strange indeed

Comment

That "rank going all crazy" is due to ranking up while in a match I believe - at least thats the only way I have been able to recreate it.

Favorite bug? The fact autobalance doesn't work, and that theres no "cap" on classes, so its usually 10 v 22, and the 22 all being recon or nubetube spammers.

IMO, remove the following:
            Noobtubes
            Noobtubes
            Noobtubes

but besides that, and the obvious EA server/punkbuster issues, the game is absolutely one of the most epic online FPS experiences I've ever had.. now just give back the TVrocket to the attack heli's and I'm a happy camper.

Comment

The punk buster crap I wise they would fix it.

Comment

I wish the ping column worked. Not many of the server names give you much idea of where they are.

Comment

lol this isn't helping me wanting to get the game. Bugs much?

Comment

I may be wrong but it seems like you prefer a very up-tempo shooter like COD4. This one is faster paced than the other BF games but nothing at all like the frantic pace of COD.

All these bugs we are talking about are really pretty minor to me as compared to how fun I think the game is.

Comment

It sure would be nice to see the ping on the server browser. I also wish I had the option of joining a Steam friend from Steam. I have found it hard to get together with my buds.
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Well I finally got the game and my favorite bug so far is the server browser taking an entire minute to load up servers. I can't seem to add any servers to favorites, and the fact that I can't seem to see my ping ingame.

All in all it's a great game imo. Like you said those are really minor since I had no connection issues or any kicks.

Comment

The ping in the browser has always worked for me I agree with joining friends via steam though

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                            I also wish I had the option of joining a Steam friend from Steam. I have found it hard to get together with my buds.
                            This has usually never been supported for non-Valve games (TF2, CS, HL2 mods, etc.); same with the Steam server browser. This is what the friends list in-game is for

Comment

The ping column thing is the most annoying, albeit minor, bug that I've come across yet. Although from in-game you can hit the tab key and see your ping on the scoreboard.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X