Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the official rule for glitching on maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the official rule for glitching on maps?

Ive noticed quite a few people on top of houses and covered bridge roofs like on the map Overgrown. Does Cain's allow this? I personally don't take the time to get in the glitches myself but have been killed by glitchers many times in places they weren't meant to be.

It doesn't bug me as much as say a cheater using speed,walls etc.

Just wanted to get the official feedback.
    Thanks
    ~Chris

It depends on the game, and exactly what they are doing.

Real Glitching is doing something that very few players can do, and it makes them invulnerable, or unable to be seen by other players, etc.

What you are describing for COD4, sounds as if everyone could do the same thing, and the players can be seen and killed.

If you suspect someone of real map glitching take a screen shot of them doing so, the more the better, obviously not the same shot 10 times. (tf2 and cod4's kill cam is good for this).

either pm it to an admin, or post in the "Report a jerk" section.
    if you post in the jerk section please title the thread properly, its hard for us to track an issue thats called "omg a glitcher" and there is like 40 similar titles...

Cain even put a how to report properly
    http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/viewtopic.php?t=6992

if you need somewhere to upload the screenshots, look in my signature, i got a lil hosting site i made for that.

Got to say something to get something.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Re: Whats the official rule for glitching on maps?

Originally posted by A1B2C3CAL
      Ive noticed quite a few people on top of houses and covered bridge roofs like on the map Overgrown. Does Cain's allow this? I personally don't take the time to get in the glitches myself but have been killed by glitchers many times in places they weren't meant to be.

Thanks
      ~Chris
      Thx for the note.

If it is something where the players cannot be seen, or killed, that is a problem. We had that in several TF2 maps, and it was very hard to figure out where they were located.

I have not seen any true map glitches in COD4, but I have seen players in odd places, but I could see them, and kill them, and I guess if I wanted to, I could go where they were also.

So the answer is, if they are doing something that not many folks can replicate, and it makes them invisible, or invulnerable, then yes that is a problem, if it is something anyone can do, and you can still see and kill them -- then kill them, or do what they are doing !!

Comment

I only saw one questionable kill cam shot, where a sniper was shooting
        me while laying on top of watermelons. I never could find him, and never
        found that same location on Crossfire. Must have given him 5 kills on
        my own that round.

Granted, I've seen 1 video of someone getting to roofs where I found
        no legit way for ME to get there, but maybe they are just smarter than I am.

Just as I have seen people get on the roofs at Overgrown, but I know
        how they get up there now on the farm house side.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

On one map,desert town with cars and two fixed mgs. The center building's roof can be entered by jumping ona yellow car,onto a wall,over to a balcony,and up a ladder. May look like hax to see people up there ,but its just a cool extra to the map IW threw in.

Comment

Yeah...saw someoone on it yesterday, and i saw the ladder on the side,
            just never investigated how to get up there.

Noone thinks to look for anyone up there, but I saw a gunbarrel, then
            part of a head. Took out my trusty sniper rifle, and it got perferrated.
            NOW I have a new place to snipe. WOOT

Thanks Wittmann. Strange seeing you without your shotgun though.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Re: Whats the official rule for glitching on maps?

Originally posted by Cain

Thanks
              ~Chris
              Thx for the note.

If it is something where the players cannot be seen, or killed, that is a problem. We had that in several TF2 maps, and it was very hard to figure out where they were located.

I have not seen any true map glitches in COD4, but I have seen players in odd places, but I could see them, and kill them, and I guess if I wanted to, I could go where they were also.

So the answer is, if they are doing something that not many folks can replicate, and it makes them invisible, or invulnerable, then yes that is a problem, if it is something anyone can do, and you can still see and kill them -- then kill them, or do what they are doing !!

Well I never take the time to find out how to get onto roofs and other weird places. Others saw them up on the places and you could shoot them but when asked how they got up there they wouldnt answer. When I ran my servers in CoD/UO we used to call it glitching because on some maps you could get under the map and also because people would find ways to get on top of places that are hard to see them and get shots at them. Some of these glitches aren't meant to be accesible but people find ways to get to them and they can shoot through walls roofs etc.. In some instances people can't be shot but are able to be seen. If enough people complain and report these map glitches they will get patched.

Comment

I don't know about all the locations, but at least some of the roofs I've seen are meant to be accessible, it's just tricky. For instance, getting on the roof in overgrown requires you to walk along a wall. Most walls when you hoist yourself up, you just go straight over w/out the option to walk on it, but this wall you can. It's the same in the other roof mentioned. There's a balcony that's tricky to get on (I jump from the window on the 2nd story), but once your there, there's actually a ladder to take you to the roof.

So I guess I'm saying (at least from what I've seen) it might look like you're not supposed to get up there, but it's really quite valid. What I like about COD4 is they make it so you can get to most places a normal human would be able to climb to... However, if you've got an example where you should definitely not be able to get up there, I'd be interested.

Maybe I haven't seen what you're talking about, though, because you say they can be seen but not be shot... if that happens post a screenshot or something.

Comment

Ok thx for the answers all..if you guys don't mind it i'll start using them and padding my score!

Comment

Ok thx for the answers all..if you guys don't mind it i'll start using them and padding my score!
                    Heheh, dude your score can't get much higher !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                      Heheh, dude your score can't get much higher !!

I bet it can.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X