Is there a console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a console?

I haven't looked to hard for one but, I was curious if there is one. To be honest I'm such a CLI type person I prefer to use the console to just connect to fav servers.

Originally posted by mapes View Post
    I haven't looked to hard for one but, I was curious if there is one. To be honest I'm such a CLI type person I prefer to use the console to just connect to fav servers.
    I think you're talking about the developers console and I read somewhere that it was not available. If you find one let me know.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Just like MW2 the console was hidden by developers. Reason is unknown but they said it is already integrated into the game. It's a matter of time before someone discovers a way to unlock it, but then it might be considered a hack by PB.

Comment

Gah I hate EA server browsers. They kinda suck. I much rather find a good server and hit tilda and type connect blah....

Comment

Ok, so I have to ask. How is the multiplayer interface? They do allow dedicated servers right?
          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
          Like the community? Donate here:
          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
            Ok, so I have to ask. How is the multiplayer interface? They do allow dedicated servers right?
            Yes they do.

Comment

From my experience they do. However there is not only a server browser but a matchmaking system. As in you log into the game, and choose 'Play Now' choose a map and it will place you in one of the dedicated servers. This is really cool since I went into an empty server with my friend to fool around but in a matter of seconds the server became full with 32/32 players. Which means server keep up wouldn't be that important. You also get to place your clan banner in the loading screen with a welcome message or rules. (Must be a BF thing because I've not seen that before)

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                From my experience they do. However there is not only a server browser but a matchmaking system. As in you log into the game, and choose 'Play Now' choose a map and it will place you in one of the dedicated servers. This is really cool since I went into an empty server with my friend to fool around but in a matter of seconds the server became full with 32/32 players. Which means server keep up wouldn't be that important. You also get to place your clan banner in the loading screen with a welcome message or rules. (Must be a BF thing because I've not seen that before)
                I had notice this myself when I wanted to get in a empty sever to practice flying and the empty server fills up quickly. I'm like "where all these people came from"

Comment

Yeh phant that is a bf thing. It was like that in BF2 and most of the others.

Comment

Alright dang it. Ya'all talked me into it, it's downloading now
                    [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                    Like the community? Donate here:
                    [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Alright dang it. Ya'all talked me into it, it's downloading now
                      just remember... the browser is going to sux. But the game is fun

Comment

Yea the game is INTENSE!! I've sent a PM off to Cain stating our case and hopefully I can win a tribunal to get us a server here

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                          just remember... the browser is going to sux. But the game is fun
                          Didn't I teach you the trick into a great browser? Let it load for 5 seconds, then press Cancel on "Collecting Data" wait another 3 seconds and it will show you most of the servers.

And yaaaaaaaaaay Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                            Didn't I teach you the trick into a great browser? Let it load for 5 seconds, then press Cancel on "Collecting Data" wait another 3 seconds and it will show you most of the servers.

And yaaaaaaaaaay Bob.

Ha from the very first moment I went into the browser I intuitively did this

Comment

It is the best battlefield yet.
                              By far.
                              And I am playing a console version. with only 24 players.
                              I cant imagine having 64 when someone mods it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X