• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCing!

finally decided to start OC'ing today!

right now on 2.8 ghz x2 5600+

running at 3090 with voltage at +3.3%
    14 x 221mhz

running an overnight stress test, seems to be faring well, with the temp maxing out at 53 C stock cooler :O

Looking good. What are you running to test the OC?

Comment

is that stress test with both cores? with orthos? every other benchie i did didn't fully push the cores, execpt orthos. nothing else has since either. lol.

Comment

Orthos FTW! Great tool to test CPU stability.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Ohh great !! Here he is happy with his OC, and Darth throws out the big 'O' word ... well, so much for that 'stable' overclock.

Orthos has crushed my hopes after I was able to benchmark my e6600 (2.4) all the way up to 3.6 (!!!) using my usual tools, but when I ran Orthos it failed within 19 minutes ... drat ... damn that program ...
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
            Ohh great !! Here he is happy with his OC, and Darth throws out the big 'O' word ... well, so much for that 'stable' overclock.

Orthos has crushed my hopes after I was able to benchmark my e6600 (2.4) all the way up to 3.6 (!!!) using my usual tools, but when I ran Orthos it failed within 19 minutes ... drat ... damn that program ...
            That's right! I crushed your dreams too didn't I!

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
              Originally posted by WalkinTarget

That's right! I crushed your dreams too didn't I!
              I think he deserves a very big Xmas present from you now.

Comment

Juneau, I have secret access to Darth's FTP that he wasn't aware of, so I already have a present planned ... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAA .. !!!!

And I've removed his name from my Xmas card list as well, which will hurt him most of all.

<Khan>From Hell's heart, I stab at thee !!!!</Khan>
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

This OCing thread would not be complete without the marshellows.

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
                    This OCing thread would not be complete without the marshellows.

I love that photo.

Comment

lol, i suppose i ought to try othos, i did find a CPU stress tester, but i think its old.

i left my computer on overnight and throughout the day with it running 17 hours, so it seems stable. i am aiming for 3.2 today!
                      *edit* well, folding@home was running the whole time too.

Comment

Originally posted by imlittlev
                        lol, i suppose i ought to try othos, i did find a CPU stress tester, but i think its old.

i left my computer on overnight and throughout the day with it running 17 hours, so it seems stable. i am aiming for 3.2 today!
                        *edit* well, folding@home was running the whole time too.
                        turn that off when running orthos. orthos should be the only non service running to maximixe its effect. Orthos should also be run over night

Then, as duke said, sit back and crack out the marshmellows.

Comment

ya i tried a test run of orthos, couldnt last over 5 minutes lol!

i suppose i could just settle for 3.0 ghz.. until i get a better cooler. i will be upgrading GPU cooler this xmas, hopefully. CPU will probably be on birthday (march). it depends on external funding (parents).

Comment

Originally posted by imlittlev
                            ya i tried a test run of orthos, couldnt last over 5 minutes lol!

i suppose i could just settle for 3.0 ghz.. until i get a better cooler. i will be upgrading GPU cooler this xmas, hopefully. CPU will probably be on birthday (march). it depends on external funding (parents).
                            oops. another bubble burst. here's the thing though, i doubt you will ever push your system as hard as Orthos does.

curious though, what did it bring your temps to? or did it error out first, or flat out crash?

Comment

well, the screen just froze. temp was around 54 C when it did .

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X