Spectator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectator

Ok this might be a stupid question but I honestly can't figure out how to spectate individual players. I can get into spectator mode but it just puts me into an overhead view of the map....

I know it's a simple answer!

I have a feeling it's s setting on the server side. I might be wrong though.

Comment

Well in CoD2 you could spectate individual players etc. maybe cod4 is set up differently.

Comment

At present, you can't it is a server side setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
          At present, you can't it is a server side setting.
          W00t! I was right.

Comment

Ok thx! I thought I had done it on other servers but I thought I was going crazy or something.

Comment

I can tweak that setting, but typically I don't because these kids playing several in a room, make one guy a spectator and he tells everyone else where the enemy is clustering, etc.

Comment

I never thought of that. Do whatevers best for the server man.

Comment

Speaking of server side commands - You should totally turn on picking what team you want to join and make it straight up auto-assign.

Comment

Cain still remembers ghosting in CS.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                      Cain still remembers ghosting in CS.
                      Apache

Yep so do I. However one big advantage is you can tell quite easily if someone is hacking by riding on they're shoulder....

Comment

Pro's and cons...
                        I learned some great tips by spectating some L33T players on a
                        hardcore server. I had lots of time to observe, since I got taken out
                        early in the rounds... You could spectate your side only.
                        In NO way could you spectate the other team. That would eliminate
                        the "Ghosting" problem.

We have all seen in 2142, where buddies on opposite sides "Help" out. Really though, there are some easier ways to cheat the system than by
                        spectating individuals. (I won't list them here)

permanent auto-assign? Hmmm... That is promising. We have all
                        seen where a group of L33T players come to visit, and get all on the
                        same side and PWN the living daylights out of everyone.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I was so used to spectating people from CoD/UO/2....great way to FRAPS any "alleged" cheaters etc. You can pick them out so easily.

We never allowed people to stay in spectator for long at all if at all. Just the Team/clan members. To keep slots open for playing people we would boot people in spec.

Comment

Spectating/observing has now been added to the server.

Your voice WAS heard.
                            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Gotta love Cain's servers!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X