I loaded it -- Saturday night

OK

I am CAIN (CLR)

I can't seem to add Friends
    When I send a J chat message the friends window pops up
    I can't alt-tab out of game...
    The ping seems inflated in the ingame scoreboard

Anyone know fixes for these things??

So far my friend adds work. I'm still trying to figure out why I lost the ability to add favorites
    [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
    Like the community? Donate here:
    [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

I still cant add favorites myself. I think the last patch for us broke my browser. It was doing just fine before I updated But for some reason I dont see people complaning about the favorite server issue over at the at BFBC 2 and UK DICE BFBC2 forums.. I think we are the minority on the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
        I still cant add favorites myself. I think the last patch for us broke my browser. It was doing just fine before I updated But for some reason I dont see people complaning about the favorite server issue over at the at BFBC 2 and UK DICE BFBC2 forums.. I think we are the minority on the issue.
        I was wondering if that was it
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Try ctrl alt delete to get out of game that works.

Comment

I figured out the alt-tab. You have to be running something else in the background for it to work.

What's up with the pings?? I found a nice Wash DC server low ping, and in-game the ping seems to be about 100 ms higher ??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
              I figured out the alt-tab. You have to be running something else in the background for it to work.

What's up with the pings?? I found a nice Wash DC server low ping, and in-game the ping seems to be about 100 ms higher ??
              I have no idea how they calculate the pings...i have tried some servers within miles of my house and they are over 100.

I would just ignore what you get in game since i never see anyone with a very low ping. Don't think we can compare it to other games we are familiar with.

Comment

Good idea...

It seems like you take your ping, subtract 100 and that is what it really is !

Comment

I can't seem to add Friends
                  Is it dead, or just disabled? I've had about 30% of my invites disappear (never received). And several guys have tried inviting me without anything showing up in my invite counter.

Comment

I only got problem with the favorites and history browser...

Comment

They count latency to a server. As you said, subtract ABOUT 100, they seem to be different each time I log in. Lowest I got is about 117 in a Dallas Server. And I simply can't have 17ping.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                        Is it dead, or just disabled? I've had about 30% of my invites disappear (never received). And several guys have tried inviting me without anything showing up in my invite counter.
                        Not sure.. It looks like you added me as a friend this morning, my first one!

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                          They count latency to a server. As you said, subtract ABOUT 100, they seem to be different each time I log in. Lowest I got is about 117 in a Dallas Server. And I simply can't have 17ping.
                          Try this server in East Coast and tell me what you ping. This one, for me has the lowest ping I have found:

Browncoats Forever

Comment

Try this server in East Coast and tell me what you ping. This one, for me has the lowest ping I have found:

Browncoats Forever
                            That server has one of the lowest pings I have found

Comment

Browncoats Forever
                              Can't find it. Search and in-browser. This server browser is a joke tbh.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X