Bullet drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet drop

When sniping does there seem to be some pronounced bullet drop in this game? I'm having a heck of a time hitting anyone and the kill cams (of which I seem to see plenty of ) all seem so show the cross hairs over my head. Most likely answer is tat there isn't and I am merely a crappy sniper. I don't suppose there is a SAAW perk.

Bullet drop is negligible until well after 200 meters for sniper rifles.
    Most maps, just shoot without worrying about it.
    Accuracty is a big factor on long distance shots. Some guns shoot with
    great accuracy, and some spray due to gun kick, movement, and
    the general type of gun used.

G3 is Much more accurate than the AK47 for instance.
    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
      G3 is Much more accurate than the AK47 for instance.
      G3 + Stopping power = (AK who?)

I would imagine Pipeline, Countdown or maybe Bog would be the best place to check and see if there is any noticeable bullet drop. I doubt any of the other maps have a sufficiently long enough open stretch of terrain in order to test that. Bloc maybe, but visibility is pretty poor on that map....or that could just be me popping smoke all over the place

Comment

I don't seem to notice any, i've killed people across the map with the beretta pistol.

Comment

Yeah, I'm almost positive bullet drop isn't even calculated in COD4. I have never noticed any effect, anyway. Even in the single-player mission when you're assassinating that guy and you have to watch the wind, you don't have to deal w/ bullet drop.

Just make sure to hold your breath (shift) and let it stabilize completely when you're far away from the target.

Comment

In all COD versions before this one, bullet drop was never an issue. Also, the max bullet range was 210m. That being said, its probably more than that now.

Comment

As I suspected...I just suck at sniping.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico0
                As I suspected...I just suck at sniping.
                Nawww, don't say that. Are you holding 'Shift' to hold your breath, waiting about a second, and then taking the shot? When you hold 'Shift,' your character should even out the waving and bobbing, and give you a steady aim for 2-3 seconds or so.

Now, I haven't really tried sniping yet, but the smaller maps can make it much more difficult from what I've seen. It's a little hard to "stay hidden" when your hiding spots mostly consist of the second-story window or around a corner.

No SAAWs, but there is an RPG. (I know Sirex would still be walking around with those forsaken instruments of destruction. ) Not really meant for killing infantry, but I hit the floor every time someone points one my way.

Comment

There is actually a challenge/reward for killing infantry with the RPG.

With congested maps, it is VERY hard to stay somewhat protected, and
                  steady your sights, AND get off a good shot without getting sniped back.

There are pro snipers out there that will hide, pop up, shoot, and be
                  back in hiding in 1 second flat. And you are DEAD. Uncanny really.

If you aren't a snap shot pro, then scan/scope area. Hold Breath.
                  First target available, shoot for the head and MOVE to another site.
                  At times, you can get 4-5 kills from one place, but you can be
                  assured that they know exactly where you are, and are coming back
                  for revenge. Plus, everyone will be shooting at you.

The longer you are stuck out there scoping, the more
                  likely you will get popped. I use the Lean buttons to uncover, as you
                  can get back into cover quickly. If they have deep impact, they are going
                  to shoot you through the walls though. Most assault guns are Very
                  deadly in an anti-sniping roll. Even the AK-47.
                  ??Click me to donate??

Comment

barrett 50cal, increased bullet damage, deep impact... think about that damage...
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X