Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the sever no showing up on the browers list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the sever no showing up on the browers list ?

he sever no showing up on the browsers list ? A few of my friends have been trying to find cains sever they have try ed the ip and its still not showing up

Try to type Cain It helped for me

Comment

Don't know. I can say the adding the server to the ini file worked.
      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
      Like the community? Donate here:
      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally Posted by Qicmee View Post
        Only use this if you have to...
        If you cannot get to the Cain's Lair server or cannot select it as a favorite, you can manually add it (as Trep mentioned in a different thread).

This is the important part:
        3385288958,5dbb484a-f53b-45e9-892e-744d1a283fec,Cain's Lair =BC2=;

It can be inserted in the GameSettings.ini file. Find "FavoriteGames=", and then insert the text where indicated.
        FavoriteGames=3385288958,5dbb484a-f53b-45e9-892e-744d1a283fec,Cain's Lair =BC2=; other server names123etc.

On Windows XP this GameSettings.ini file is located in
        C:\Documents and Settings\< your user name >\My Documents\BFBC2

Comment

My point is this I think this why the sever is Empty Thur the day hear in Europe if Cain can solve this problem then may be it will be full 24/7

Comment

Mine wasnt showing up eithier Ghost. I had to uncheck all the filter options for it to even show up in my favorites list. That was after I edited the .ini file too. Add the option above to the .ini file and then try what I said. Its not Cains fault.. it's the programming in the game.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Glad you got that fixed Cobalt. It is a pain when they have a browser like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                My point is this I think this why the sever is Empty Thur the day hear in Europe if Cain can solve this problem then may be it will be full 24/7
                I've been too busy to check it until today, and you are right we do not show up in the Browser list...

I'm trying to figure out why right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  I've been too busy to check it until today, and you are right we do not show up in the Browser list...

I'm trying to figure out why right now...
                  I'm trying to find out my self I just emailed a friend that runs a server in Holland to find out how they did it Cain I believe they had the same problem.

Comment

I haven't experienced this problem, so I'm wondering about specific details. When I do these steps, I see the server. When you do these steps, it's missing?
                    1. start game from desktop
                    2. click Friends to being login sequence (16/32 - that's a good game)
                    3. close that, click on Multiplayer -> server browser
                    4. click full refresh and wait 2 minutes or so for it to display
                    5. click server name column heading for alpha sort
                    6. scroll down to see "CAINS LAIR =BC2=" right between caffeine & calculated...

Comment

Cain figured out today that you cannot check the PB option, otherwise the server will not show up. He is looking into why this is the case I think.
                      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

The only time I got the search to work was when I put in the entire Cain's Lair =BC2=

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                          Cain figured out today that you cannot check the PB option, otherwise the server will not show up. He is looking into why this is the case I think.
                          Apparently the PB filter works in reverse, and is a known bug.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                            The only time I got the search to work was when I put in the entire Cain's Lair =BC2=
                            In noway was I able to find anything by searching. Search for "hardcore" you end up with 2 results. How could there only be 2 hardcore servers.

Comment

Search now and see what you get...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X