Planes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planes?

Ok. So I thought about the differences of BF 2 and 2142. Obviously a BIG one is no Planes.

Now I want people to input 1 advantage/disadvantage(depending on how you voted) of having or not having planes.

I say it is better because there isnt as many force TKs.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
    [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

planes where dumb eveyone fought over who got it and then all the pilot would do is fight other planes or all the good pilots would be on one team and demolish anyone that was on the ground. (plus i never figured all the controls out in those jets)

Comment

I say it's better now because the bomber cannot way overcompensate and skew the score for one side if the pilot is zomg incredible. Levels the playing field that the aircraft is not so overpowering anymore.

Tiger_Shilone

Comment

Originally posted by tigershilone
        I say it's better now because the bomber cannot way overcompensate and skew the score for one side if the pilot is zomg incredible. Levels the playing field that the aircraft is not so overpowering anymore.

Tiger_Shilone
        You mean its better because MCA dosn't have a plane?

I do tend to think that the jets were just about absolute if you had a good pilot. Where as in a helo you could own but, it was way easier to get taken out.

Comment

ahh i remember the good old days of the j-10...wow the memories anyway the j-10 was sick considering it was the fastest but the heli is fun if your have a co-pilot.
          [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
          X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't have voted, I have played 2 but didn't own, so I didn't do much flying. I played alot of Vietnam but never flew, I was completely infatuated with ground action. I remember many times when me and many other fellow NVA are heading towards an enemy flag and you hear the engines humming, slowly getting louder until you see the plane(s) and half of your force is burnt to oblivion. I miss the planes, but was never exposed to the damage you all talk of.

Comment

1) Balance. was the number 1 reason.
              Lack of effective ant air weapons made them pretty untouchable.

2) bombing runs: see example 1

3) campers and tk`ers: seeing a third of your team fighting over a vehicle is crazy.

EA could have fixed the issues with jets but chose not to.
              1) the upgraded AA that you sit in and made jets about worthless. people complained and they switched it back in the deadest patch of all times 1.3

2) they could add SF unlocks but never added a AA weapon to any kit. Lets be honest did anti-tank really need the p-90
              Switch p-90 with anti air rockets and the world would have been a better place.

3) random respawn rate or slower rate:
              like 2142 with the attack heli vs the flying cow

4) run out of fuel! This could have been a easy fix. Limit the time jets can be in the air.

Anytime you see someone with a 50-75 score and 1 death, you know there is a balance issue.

Comment

I voted yes. I think planes dominated the map too much if you had a good pilot or pilot/bomber combo. Especially since the AA was so horrible.
                [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

advantage: they were fun as hell to fly (and you could roll them :P ) and were the biggest challenge (i think) to be good at, next to heli.

Comment

the aa worked great against helis i dont see why everyone trashes it. the reload time had something to be desired though

Comment

Trains and automobiles.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                        Trains and automobiles.
                        Apache

Comment

One advantage
                          ---------------------

Gets rid of asshats, and J-10's

One Disadvantage
                          ----------------------

Not as fun, you can't do stunts at all in 2142, and I loved doing stunts.

Comment

Originally posted by killa_zn
                            Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                            Trains and automobiles.
                            Apache
                            Think Steve Martina and John Candy.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Oh.. haha that movie, gosh that movie is older than me.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X