BC2 Time! Semester's Over!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC2 Time! Semester's Over!!!

I finally finished my last project and I'm done with the semester! Time to get back to playing with my Cain's Lair friends Joining in a few minutes if anyone is interested in helping me get the server going
    Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Yar I just finished today as well matey!

I need to reinstall BC2 though because it hasn't been launching since my windows install, so I'll probably see you guys soon.

Comment

I'd hop in, Ch33s3r, but Skud's gotta do some cooking before work. Will definitely be on Friday and Saturday though.

Comment

Congrats on being done with the semester cheeser!
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by ch33s3r View Post
          I finally finished my last project and I'm done with the semester! Time to get back to playing with my Cain's Lair friends ...
          That depends on how that report card looks, young man!
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
            That depends on how that report card looks, young man!
            Well I got an A on my presentation/demo on Monday, so I know I have at least a B in that class. I won't find out for sure until tomorrow sometime.

I did get my final grades for 2 of my 4 classes though:
            Statistical Methods II - A
            Ethics in Science and Technology - A

Now the remaining 2:
            Computer Architecture - ? (A or B)
            Processes for Object Oriented Programming - ? (A or B)

Is that a good enough report card?

By the way, didn't you say you were a software engineer? The processes for object oriented programming class (the one I had the presentation for) is basically a software engineering class. You and I should chat sometime

Comment

Cool! Good job, we'll let yo play.

What type of processes did they teach in the OOP class?
              [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Welcome back to gaming Cheeser.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
                  Cool! Good job, we'll let yo play.

What type of processes did they teach in the OOP class?
                  We learned UML diagramming, requirements modeling, data flow diagrams, use case modeling, testing...
                  We also had to work in teams on projects where we had to create design documentations including a SRS (System Requirements Specification) and SDS (System Design Specification) as well as use C++ to write the programs. It was an extremely time-consuming class!

Comment

Congrats on the grades. Now get to work on that win/loss ratio.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by ch33s3r View Post
                      We learned UML diagramming, requirements modeling, data flow diagrams, use case modeling, testing...
                      We also had to work in teams on projects where we had to create design documentations including a SRS (System Requirements Specification) and SDS (System Design Specification) as well as use C++ to write the programs. It was an extremely time-consuming class!
                      Sweet. What tools did you use for the modeling and requirements? My company is pretty much in bed with the IBM Rational products, they work great and are integrated throughout the complete sofware lifecycle. However, we sat through a webinar a few weeks back with a company demo'ing a product called RavenFlow (http://www.ravenflow.com/) that seems very promising.

Comment

We used MSPaint.... LOL wow I just looked at a review of the product in the link you provided:

Although this might sound simple, it was the tool's ability to translate my words into an activity diagram that has helped me to visualize the use case and make the necessary corrections.
                        Seriously?!?!?! Okay now I think I might go punch my professor for not getting us access to this software. I spent 4 hours in MSPaint drawing a discrete event/state diagram for one of our agents lol

Comment

Serious! ... the demo blew me away.

Maybe your professor is old school and MSPaint was on the cutting edge back in his day.

I think you can download a 30-day trial from their site if you need to do any more modeling. They are working with some of our infrastructure folks now setting up a sandbox environment for us to play around in.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X