Something I noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I noticed

With this BC2 game, I see one fatal flaw....

It keeps track of K\D ratios. I'll be honest here, I like when my K\D is above 1... however the K\D obsession causes like 70% + of everyone in the servers I am in to be a sniper. YAWN.

Objectives take forever, if they are ever achieved... I look at the map and it is me and maybe 2 through 5 others, besides myself, pushing an objective... the other 10+ players are hiding behind rocks and buildings trying to snipe.

I personally play assault class 99% of the time.

I guess another thing is... I just jump in random pub games with no one I know. I assume that it must just be 31 other people that just want to keep their KD ratio as high as possible. Everytime I play with my friend from work, we go on rampages with the tank destroying a wealth of snipers.

After typing this, I guess the only way around the "sniper issue" is to find servers that clans play in or groups of friends that coordinate, and work together...

Still a fun game though, I need to keep an eye on that CLR server so I can jump in when peeps are there. I get invites to get the server started, but I like when there is 20+

There are a bunch of lone wolves out there but I have always been able to get in a decent squad that works well together and every now and then you can get behind several snipers and knife several of them quickly.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Snipers are no issue. Honestly, they are easily avoided- also useless for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        Snipers are no issue. Honestly, they are easily avoided- also useless for both teams.
        The issue is, attacking snipers (@least from my couple days of BattleField play) never help with the objective. it becomes a very few attackers trying to get to an obj. against an entire defensive team.

It's the same thing as an entire TF2 team running past the cart and never touching it... it just doesn't work.

All i'm saying is, if there was no K\D tracking... i bet it would be a lot funner on pub servers.

Comment

Originally posted by p0002q View Post
          The issue is, attacking snipers (@least from my couple days of BattleField play) never help with the objective. it becomes a very few attackers trying to get to an obj. against an entire defensive team.

It's the same thing as an entire TF2 team running past the cart and never touching it... it just doesn't work.

All i'm saying is, if there was no K\D tracking... i bet it would be a lot funner on pub servers.
          You can't just not offer something as important as stat tracking. No game I played didn't have it. Call of duty 4- for example- had campers even though it had no ratio based stat. That includes TDM, SnD, and all other objective based gametypes.

Also, if you offered no K/D we will be like those weak parents who don't count goals in their kid's soccer games and give everyone the same trophy, losers and winners. Which essentially is what's wrong with parenting in this country (How the hell did I get to this point?)

Comment

it's nice to see how well we do, but there are a lot of people who WILL NOT even bother getting near the objective because they might... might... die and watch that k\d go a bit down...

Basically a lot of people think this way in pub servers: K\D ratio > team winning.

Once again, all i'm saying is that if there was no K\D tracking... the game would probly be funner, because everyone would be focused on winning and not just their k\d stats.

Outside of a tiny bit of CoD4 MW, i haven't played any games like this before .

Comment

K/D dont have anything to do with it. Like Phantom said, there are other games that have alot of campers and they have no ratio tracking. I like playing recon but if theres too many class then I just changed my class and deal with it. Like yesterday, one sniper was giving me a hard time and I went after him. I think Snipers are more helpful in non HC and CTF. I know I use my recon ball to help my teamates. I just dont know if my recon ball helps my teamates in HC.

Anyway.......

I think the issue is you dont like getting ur butt handled by them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                K/D dont have anything to do with it. Like Phantom said, there are other games that have alot of campers and they have no ratio tracking. I like playing recon but if theres too many class then I just changed my class and deal with it. Like yesterday, one sniper was giving me a hard time and I went after him. I think Snipers are more helpful in non HC and CTF. I know I use my recon ball to help my teamates. I just dont know if my recon ball helps my teamates in HC.

Anyway.......

I think the issue is you dont like getting ur butt handled by them lol
                tl:dr Caddys likes throwing balls.

Comment

The issue is, I don't see many people going for the objectives... plain and simple.

From that, I came to the conclusion (frow witnessing) that a ton of people in the servers were sniping.

Secondly I saw a few threads about K|D and even one in the CLR forums...

From that I came to the next observation that the people sniping were generally getting more kills, and there were a ton of snipers on each team.

I put 2 and 2 together and came up with my own opinion... people want a good K|D... they feel the best way to do this is to NOT get on the objectives and to sit back and snipe.

If my opinion is wrong, so be it... It has nothing to do with my stats, just that I would like to see more teamplay and objectives being accomplished.

Comment

The issue is, I don't see many people going for the objectives... plain and simple.

From that, I came to the conclusion (frow witnessing) that a ton of people in the servers were sniping.

From that I came to the next observation that the people sniping were generally getting more kills, and there were a ton of snipers on each team.

I put 2 and 2 together and came up with my own opinion... people want a good K|D... they feel the best way to do this is to NOT get on the objectives and to sit back and snipe.

If my opinion is wrong, so be it... It has nothing to do with my stats, just that I would like to see more teamplay and objectives being accomplished.
                    Well that's kinda too bad for them. I love the rush I get from planting the mCom and sit in the corner wait for some real comptetion going in for me to duel with. Unless some pro spam me with a Carl Gustav. Which is the only thing I hate in this game so far.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                      Well that's kinda too bad for them. I love the rush I get from planting the mCom and sit in the corner wait for some real comptetion going in for me to duel with. Unless some pro spam me with a Carl Gustav. Which is the only thing I hate in this game so far.
                      I love that too, I just get easily annoyed when I die and it shows the aerial view and half the team has been behind the same rock for 5 minutes.

I know it can't be helped... it was just something I noticed ~_~

Comment

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE THE MOST???

I have seen a few servers saying "No bunny hopping"

I got threatened by an* admin for hopping around too....

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard for a video game...

is there a good reason for no hopping??

If someone was sniping @ me, no way in hexx I would just run in a linear pattern....

Comment

Your thinking to hard lol.. Some people will agree and some wont so I wouldnt say your opinion is wrong... or is it?

The K/D thread here is just to see whos numa 1 (I know I'm contradicting my earlier post) There is a group of people that we like to show off to and make fun of each other, but even the stats can show somethingg... Stats padding cough* bobytt cough*

Comment

If someone was sniping @ me, no way in hexx I would just run in a linear pattern....
                            Its there server and there rules. And its something that will be not easy explaing what is bunny hopping to them. That is something that you will have to ask in their forums as "what is bunny hopping" to them

I used to call everyone "stupid bunny/rabbit" or "bunny hopper" just cause they tryied to avoid my bullets but I still got the kill

I remember seening alot of "No bunny hopping" rules in Bf2.

Comment

Lol yeah. It's kinda annoying that they don't allow it. Mostly because noobs can't seem to aim upwards and downwards. Only side to side. I don't care anyways, I do it either way.

I can already see you as real competition

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X