Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems

Ok, so whenever I play, the screen flashes white during loading. And 2 out of 3 times, when I am actually playing, the screen will go white, the sound continues on a loop, and I have to ctrl-alt-del out of the game (not responding).
    I can't find the BAd Company 2 folder (its steam downloaded... and its not in the steam folder...)
    Anybody else have this problem? How do I fix it?

specs: Windows XP, Intel Core 2 6700 @2.66 GHz, 2.99GB RAM, ATI crossfire.
    did the "can you run it" thing and I pass...

I wish EA would make an FAQ... hell, I wish EA gave a damn.
    Last edited by xGoblin013x; 15 May 2010, 03:59 PM. Reason: needed to add a detail

I have had issues as well. Crashes on loading, or when I have hit join, it crashes when I try to spawn. Often crashes after a round as well. Frustrating.

Downloaded new drivers helped, but still bouts of crashing here and there for no reason I can pinpoint.
    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Force it to run in DX9?

Comment

In this pic you can see the path to the BC2 folder in Windows 7 and it's probably close tot hat in Vista.

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Driver update time!

Comment

yep... about 15 minutes after I posted this I decided to update the drivers. Worked like a charm... not too many visual glitches still happening.

And I found the bfbc2 folder too.

so, basically, nvm.

Comment

Originally posted by xGoblin013x View Post
              yep... about 15 minutes after I posted this I decided to update the drivers. Worked like a charm... not too many visual glitches still happening.

And I found the bfbc2 folder too.

so, basically, nvm.
              Isn't that the way it always happens?
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I had forced it to DX9, and what did i see, it was back to 10...

Forced it back to 9 last night... Go figure...

But it still is crashing on loading (Like this Morning), so it is another issue.
                Last edited by Dead_And_Gone; 16 May 2010, 11:45 AM.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I was having crashing and freezing issue's as well with bfbc2 but what I did to fix them was.
                  I uninstalled C++ 2005 and updates in add and remove programs. Then downloaded the redistribute version along with the sp1 version and installed them then updated windows for patches. I then uninstalled the nvidia driver and ran ccleaner on the registry and then re-installed the video drivers in safe mode. All video problems and lag are gone. This was with xpSP3 but should help with win7 as well. Hope this helps someone else. I think the problem stems from using avg it uses a wierd version of 2005 c++.
                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DragonCLR/DragonSig3.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                    I had forced it to DX9, and what did i see, it was back to 10...

Forced it back to 9 last night... Go figure...

But it still is crashing on loading (Like this Morning), so it is another issue.
                    lol I forced it to Dx9 myself and all I got was a black screen... "I'm mannnnnn......"

Originally posted by {ETN}Dragon{CLR} View Post
                    I was having crashing and freezing issue's as well with bfbc2 but what I did to fix them was.
                    I uninstalled C++ 2005 and updates in add and remove programs. Then downloaded the redistribute version along with the sp1 version and installed them then updated windows for patches. I then uninstalled the nvidia driver and ran ccleaner on the registry and then re-installed the video drivers in safe mode. All video problems and lag are gone. This was with xpSP3 but should help with win7 as well. Hope this helps someone else. I think the problem stems from using avg it uses a wierd version of 2005 c++.
                    I dont have video lag but I guess I could try all that. thanks

Comment

I had the same problems but, either installing the beta Nvidia drivers or the last patch seemed to fix em when no amount of DX version messing would.

Comment

I deleted Catalyst and put in updated version, and drivers.

Now? Mine crashes 9/10 attempts when trying to join Cain's Lair server.

But lets me join any OTHER server out there 90% of the time.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X