Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems

Ok, so whenever I play, the screen flashes white during loading. And 2 out of 3 times, when I am actually playing, the screen will go white, the sound continues on a loop, and I have to ctrl-alt-del out of the game (not responding).
    I can't find the BAd Company 2 folder (its steam downloaded... and its not in the steam folder...)
    Anybody else have this problem? How do I fix it?

specs: Windows XP, Intel Core 2 6700 @2.66 GHz, 2.99GB RAM, ATI crossfire.
    did the "can you run it" thing and I pass...

I wish EA would make an FAQ... hell, I wish EA gave a damn.
    Last edited by xGoblin013x; 15 May 2010, 03:59 PM. Reason: needed to add a detail

I have had issues as well. Crashes on loading, or when I have hit join, it crashes when I try to spawn. Often crashes after a round as well. Frustrating.

Downloaded new drivers helped, but still bouts of crashing here and there for no reason I can pinpoint.
    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Force it to run in DX9?

Comment

In this pic you can see the path to the BC2 folder in Windows 7 and it's probably close tot hat in Vista.

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Driver update time!

Comment

yep... about 15 minutes after I posted this I decided to update the drivers. Worked like a charm... not too many visual glitches still happening.

And I found the bfbc2 folder too.

so, basically, nvm.

Comment

Originally posted by xGoblin013x View Post
              yep... about 15 minutes after I posted this I decided to update the drivers. Worked like a charm... not too many visual glitches still happening.

And I found the bfbc2 folder too.

so, basically, nvm.
              Isn't that the way it always happens?
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I had forced it to DX9, and what did i see, it was back to 10...

Forced it back to 9 last night... Go figure...

But it still is crashing on loading (Like this Morning), so it is another issue.
                Last edited by Dead_And_Gone; 16 May 2010, 11:45 AM.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I was having crashing and freezing issue's as well with bfbc2 but what I did to fix them was.
                  I uninstalled C++ 2005 and updates in add and remove programs. Then downloaded the redistribute version along with the sp1 version and installed them then updated windows for patches. I then uninstalled the nvidia driver and ran ccleaner on the registry and then re-installed the video drivers in safe mode. All video problems and lag are gone. This was with xpSP3 but should help with win7 as well. Hope this helps someone else. I think the problem stems from using avg it uses a wierd version of 2005 c++.
                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DragonCLR/DragonSig3.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                    I had forced it to DX9, and what did i see, it was back to 10...

Forced it back to 9 last night... Go figure...

But it still is crashing on loading (Like this Morning), so it is another issue.
                    lol I forced it to Dx9 myself and all I got was a black screen... "I'm mannnnnn......"

Originally posted by {ETN}Dragon{CLR} View Post
                    I was having crashing and freezing issue's as well with bfbc2 but what I did to fix them was.
                    I uninstalled C++ 2005 and updates in add and remove programs. Then downloaded the redistribute version along with the sp1 version and installed them then updated windows for patches. I then uninstalled the nvidia driver and ran ccleaner on the registry and then re-installed the video drivers in safe mode. All video problems and lag are gone. This was with xpSP3 but should help with win7 as well. Hope this helps someone else. I think the problem stems from using avg it uses a wierd version of 2005 c++.
                    I dont have video lag but I guess I could try all that. thanks

Comment

I had the same problems but, either installing the beta Nvidia drivers or the last patch seemed to fix em when no amount of DX version messing would.

Comment

I deleted Catalyst and put in updated version, and drivers.

Now? Mine crashes 9/10 attempts when trying to join Cain's Lair server.

But lets me join any OTHER server out there 90% of the time.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X