Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class

So, I just got the game, and I want to know which class there just never seems to be enough of so I can be useful and level up.

Oh, and why do the flight controls of the heli and UAV have to be such a pain in the @$$? Why can't they operate like in the previous games? and why the hell can't the UAV and heli controls be the same!?

Most people claim their are never enough medics. I find myself needing ammo from the assault class more. I run around looking for more ammo and can never find them. I have lots of medics offering me med packs instead.
    Either class will move you up quickly. Although once you get the Carl Gustav, you can move up the Engineer class very quickly.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Anything but sniper lol

Engies do not exist in my games...

Oh one thing, I appreciate Assault who throw ammo boxes at me more than anyone else in the game. Not even medics reviving me WHERE I DIED A SECOND AGO FROM A SNIPER who's scope is probably still at my head.

Comment

It all depends on the group and round and time of day.
        I had a time where I saw a zillion medics, so I went assault.
        There was a Bradley Owning my team, so I went Engie.
        On some maps or times, there are 31 snipers, so I go Medic.

Really, it changes for time of day and type of map.

If you have a Great Tanker (Rand), go Engie, and heal the armor for gobs of points. A not so good tanker, you can't keep them alive long enough to be worth it.

And your K/D is totally a non issue when going medic in a heavy fire fight. Throw down health packs, and rezz fallen teammates. Tons of points. It is one thing, to rezz someone after they have gotten killed by a grenade, rocket, or such, but a sniper kill, they are likely to be still scoped in and ready to kill you or your patient again in a heartbeat. Better to let them re-spawn. Keep situational awareness of what is going on.

Assault can throw down ammo, and get easy points, even after death. But if your entire team is assault or recon, it might be better to go medic 90% of the time.

Just my opinion.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

No matter what SQUAD UP! You get double the points for heals, revives, repairs and there are a ton of squad based pins and patches. You also get to spawn on a squad mate instead of back at base. It's always nice to have a squad mate spawn on you and drop ammo or a med pack when you really need it. Every few minutes you should also sight in on the objective marker and hit the q key to assign an attack or defend order.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
            Oh one thing, I appreciate Assault who throw ammo boxes at me more than anyone else in the game. Not even medics reviving me WHERE I DIED A SECOND AGO FROM A SNIPER who's scope is probably still at my head.
            A) You're never on my team.
            B) You're never in one spot long enough to throw ammo at.

I do like the assault class...and, Apache, if/when we're on the same team I'd be glad to throw ammo your way.

And, as Dead And Gone says, the engineer can be good with tanks (and is necessary against them).

And JohnyRico speaks the truth when he says squading up will get you more points.

One thing I've found, which could help with the points and, possibly, the win: is get in a squad that kind of sticks together. The guys who come in and roll over the defenders usually stick tight to their squad, and have a "designated driver"...someone who doesn't quite take part in the assault, but hangs back a little, stays alive so that those who die can respawn on them instead of waaaayyyy back at the base. Of course, sometimes when there're enemy around who've just killed my last teammate, my emotions overcome me and I charge in there, hoping to kill the whole bunch...usually doesn't work that way. Meh.

Comment

I have an extremely hard time playing and those that have joined my squad can tell you that I suck.. LOL.. I can die 10 x's before anyone else will.

Since I have such a hard time, I try to play whatever my team needs. If majority are engineers, I'll go assault. If most are assault, I'll go medic. I've gone recon on a few maps only so I can get the points because I suck even worst at recon. I do pay so much attention to what the rest of the team is doing, just my squad.
              So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
              A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

The one thing you don't really need to play, unless you just want to of course, is sniper. Have no fear--there will be plenty of those.

I play all classes. I'm a sucker for maxing out achievements so I've got a lot of kills to go with the four types of weapons. I like to mix it up with them. Sometimes I'll go recon with short-range weapons like shotties or the thompson and use the gillie suit to get in close for fun carnage. I'll go engineer if there is need for anti-armor (or when I'm using armor)--I can take down enemy armor pretty quickly, and I find that leaving mines around can be rewarding even long after I've dropped them.

Aside from the support functions, both assault and medic are useful for taking down or defending MCOM stations. Both weapon classes are great for this function. I think they overpowered medics just a tad by giving them MGs. All of those except the crosshair-less MG36 are superb guns.

I have no favorite class, I just try to adapt to each one's strengths and weaknesses for the time I'm using it.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by lady-MGS View Post
                  I have an extremely hard time playing and those that have joined my squad can tell you that I suck.. LOL.. I can die 10 x's before anyone else will.

Since I have such a hard time, I try to play whatever my team needs. If majority are engineers, I'll go assault. If most are assault, I'll go medic. I've gone recon on a few maps only so I can get the points because I suck even worst at recon. I do pay so much attention to what the rest of the team is doing, just my squad.
                  Lady, I remember you killing me quite a few times last evening.

At any rate, I'll always be happy to have you in squad with me, as you were later...and that goes for all CLRs. I sometimes wish the squad could be a bit bigger, because another CLR will join and the squad is already full...

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                    Lady, I remember you killing me quite a few times last evening.

At any rate, I'll always be happy to have you in squad with me, as you were later...and that goes for all CLRs. I sometimes wish the squad could be a bit bigger, because another CLR will join and the squad is already full...
                    I had fun squadding up w/ you, Duke and Jed. I was on the other side w/ Stinger, Dougbob and Dennis but for some odd reason when the map changed, I go kicked back to the desktop and when I came back, I was on the other side.

I know I'm not good at all and I do notice a lot of people will squad up w/ me but will move to another squad after one map. I do feel bad that I bring the squad points down but I try to accommodate. I also try not to spawn off snipers since I'm a bullet magnet and will often get them killed.. LOL
                    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                    A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I had fun squadding up w/ you, Duke and Jed. I was on the other side w/ Stinger, Dougbob and Dennis but for some odd reason when the map changed, I go kicked back to the desktop and when I came back, I was on the other side.

I know I'm not good at all and I do notice a lot of people will squad up w/ me but will move to another squad after one map. I do feel bad that I bring the squad points down but I try to accommodate. I also try not to spawn off snipers since I'm a bullet magnet and will often get them killed.. LOL
                      Yeah, I was kind of surprised when you were on our squad when the next match started. I thought maybe you felt bad for killing me all those times and joined up to help instead of hurt! (nah, I figured it was an auto-balance thing)

Comment

I like joining your squad cause its more of a relax team

Comment

You didn't seem to have any problems shooting me with your m60 last night so I was glad to see you come over.

I played Assault at first because you have the ammo pack to start off with which makes it an easy way to get team points while you are figuring out the game. I stayed with assault until I unlocked the M16 but if I were doing it again I would switch to medic at the AN94 unlock. Then get the M60 LMG and you will be having big time fun.

Last night I played Engineer most of the time because I finally unlocked the Carl Gustov. I now see why there are so many noob tubers in this game.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                            Most people claim their are never enough medics. I find myself needing ammo from the assault class more. I run around looking for more ammo and can never find them. I have lots of medics offering me med packs instead.
                            Apache
                            You stay alive long enough to need ammo?
                            I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by pigworthy View Post
                              You stay alive long enough to need ammo?
                              Not much but, sometimes.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X