Ak-74u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ak-74u

Anyone else like this gun? I haven't unlocked the p90 yet however I have picked a few up. I like the AK better.

I believe the AK-74u might have the highest ROF of any gun in the game. It's certainly a good close quarters weapon, but I still enjoy the P90 more for its stability and clip size. Double Tap with either weapon means more or less a wall of bullets

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
      I believe the AK-74u might have the highest ROF of any gun in the game. It's certainly a good close quarters weapon, but I still enjoy the P90 more for its stability and clip size. Double Tap with either weapon means more or less a wall of bullets
      Could somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong here. I get killed by the p90 so often and on every replay the kick of the gun is minimal with brilliant accuracy. Yet when i use it it's all over the place.

Comment

I'm using the perks bandoleer, stopping power and steady aim. Gotta say it has increased my KD ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
          Could somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong here. I get killed by the p90 so often and on every replay the kick of the gun is minimal with brilliant accuracy. Yet when i use it it's all over the place.
          You need the steady aim perk (think thats what its called) makes shooting while not aiming pretty accurate, especially with sub-machine guns.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes

I'm using the perks bandoleer, stopping power and steady aim. Gotta say it has increased my KD ratio.
            Stopping power and steady aim are certainly good choices for the run'n'gun lifestyle. Personally I've found bandolier entirely useless though. Given that you'll generally be playing on a fairly high-population server, you're bound to be tripping over guns pretty much everywhere. But you'll NEVER stumble upon a flash or frag grenade (at least one that isn't live ). So why get extra of something that is already plentiful instead of getting extra grenades which you'll never replenish? And in case people might not have noticed, you do in fact get extra ammo from discarded weapons that have that same ammo type. So if you worry about running out of ammo, choose a gun you're bound to find a lot on the battlefield - most likely the M4.

I'm also a big fan of double tap, and generally choose it over stopping power for the high-ROF weapons (at least the P90). For the rifles I generally choose stopping power - with those I need to make each shot count, and stopping power means I need fewer shots to get the job done. GJ on the increased K/D Mapes

Vito, you get used to the kick. When I'm trying to "snipe" someone using the P90 w/iron sights I'll notice the high recoil, but generally you learn to instinctively compensate. Also too, I'm not sure what we see on those replays is EXACTLY what your enemy saw. I think it might be really close, but I often see animations not syncing and other things that lead me to believe its a close approximation, but not exact. So its entirely possible there IS more recoil than you are seeing, they've just learned to compensate for it.

Also, burst fire, don't full auto

Comment

Originally posted by mapes

Stopping power and steady aim are certainly good choices for the run'n'gun lifestyle. Personally I've found bandolier entirely useless though. Given that you'll generally be playing on a fairly high-population server, you're bound to be tripping over guns pretty much everywhere. But you'll NEVER stumble upon a flash or frag grenade (at least one that isn't live ). So why get extra of something that is already plentiful instead of getting extra grenades which you'll never replenish? And in case people might not have noticed, you do in fact get extra ammo from discarded weapons that have that same ammo type. So if you worry about running out of ammo, choose a gun you're bound to find a lot on the battlefield - most likely the M4.

I'm also a big fan of double tap, and generally choose it over stopping power for the high-ROF weapons (at least the P90). For the rifles I generally choose stopping power - with those I need to make each shot count, and stopping power means I need fewer shots to get the job done. GJ on the increased K/D Mapes

Vito, you get used to the kick. When I'm trying to "snipe" someone using the P90 w/iron sights I'll notice the high recoil, but generally you learn to instinctively compensate. Also too, I'm not sure what we see on those replays is EXACTLY what your enemy saw. I think it might be really close, but I often see animations not syncing and other things that lead me to believe its a close approximation, but not exact. So its entirely possible there IS more recoil than you are seeing, they've just learned to compensate for it.

Also, burst fire, don't full auto
              Vito huh? Thanks.

Comment

Vito huh? Thanks.
                I think your sig reminded Carbon of Vito

Comment

Just quickly glancing at it, and seeing all black.....
                  Sorry Juneau

Comment

Just quickly glancing at it, and seeing all black.....
                    Sorry Juneau

Hey I almost did the same thing....it even has line drawings in the right hand corner

Comment

Vito inspired me.

Comment

Vito inspired me.

Great we need Vito to make a flashing sig that says...I am not juneau

Comment

I like the AK-74u more than the P90. I don't know why, but I find it's easier to kill people with. The P90 seems to lack the punch that the AK has.

I usually bring along Stopping Power and Martyrdom. I only use Steady Aim with shotguns, since they're the only weapon that I usually fire from the hip.

Comment

P90 FTW !!! That is My SMG of choice.
                            Red dot for regular play, silencer when I'm UAV blocked, and silent.

The AK-74u is just a chopped AK-47. Lots of stopping power.
                            I'm using it for my second (Overkill) weapon now, to get the challenges
                            done for it.

I find that bandoleer was a wasted perk for me. Sure, I run out of
                            bullets (If I'm on a roll, which happens even to ME.. lol) But usually lots
                            of weapons laying around.

So many better options than Martr or Last Stand. I never hover over a
                            corpse anyway. 30 meters away and increasing by the time the nade cooks off.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            having said that...

Carbon was on a Shotty vendetta tonight.
                            Seems every corner I turned around, there would be Carbon with
                            a healthy dose of lead to the face.
                            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              having said that...

Carbon was on a Shotty vendetta tonight.
                              Seems every corner I turned around, there would be Carbon with
                              a healthy dose of lead to the face.

Yeah, the boomstick is my new toy, and its oh so satisfying.....sorry D&G. I blame Apache for showing me the light

I don't want your diet to be lead-deficient after all

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X