Jumping skill... Exploit or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping skill... Exploit or not?

My name is xJumper and the name goes back all the way to the first call of duty were their was high buildings and we would have to do super hard jumps and spin crap to get ontop of em and I was very good at that so I became known as a "Jumper" I was even part of the infamouse codjumpers team once who specialize in jumping to thease high roof tops.

My question is, can we get their, its obvious that not all players can get to theme and they take hours of practice but you can still be killed up their, what im talking about is not glitching into a building but more of a series of skilled jumps to get to areas wear you cannot normaly go.

Is it allowed on Cains Lair or not? I would find it abit of a shame if so because it takes hours of practice to become a pro at it and its a waste...

As long as it is not a glitch and any one can do it with enough skill and practice it should be OK. Of course the only opinion that counts is Cain's.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yes with some time spent trying thease "jumps" you could get their to but since alot of people dont practice that I just wanted to know.

Comment

Also, if it makes you in any way invisible or invulnerable, then its disallowed and we generally ban for that sort of thing. So no outside/under the map, clipping into scenery/buildings, etc.

Skilled jumps into hard-to-reach places is fine otherwise. As long as people can still point a gun at you and shoot you no matter where you are, then I don't personally see a problem with it (again, as Apache stated, Cain has the final say in that ).

Comment

Ok well il wait for Cains oficial responce on this but im prety shure that it will be allowed because you can still point and shoot at gun at me even if im uptop on a roof.

I know what you mean by those glitches that make you invisible and you can walk around the map knifing everybody or going under the map glitches, ect and yes that should be instant ban.

I have played on servers wear people use this invisible crap glitch and go knifing everybody and its not fun.

Comment

So would you call this skill?

Map video

Comment

That isn't skill...

Comment

Well a simple jump like that may not be skill but those are the kind of places im talking about, they dont make you invaunerable or anything.

And to posts above, their are many other jumps that recuire aloooot of time to master.

Comment

eh... I tried to get up the same spot as in the video and couldn't figure it out. To me this means there some talent or skill required to get up there.

Regardless, it's easy enough to kill people up there, so I don't personally find anything wrong with it.

Comment

I don't mind it, infact I'd like to try it. Everyone takes my sniper spots when they see my nice 35 kills 4 deaths that I once had

Comment

I was one of the only ones that used the "behind the car" trick in crossfire, but now it's spammed and it's a reflex for most to snipe me at that position :P

but yeah if you start doing it, it will catch on and become easily countered

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X