Map Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Rotation

Cain, can we have a 3 map rotation to break the monotony. Guys have been askin for map change a few time when I was in there. Plus the spawn campers are out in full force on the one map we play. Others may weigh in on it with their thoughts.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Any combo of Valpara?so, Isla Inocentes, Port Valdez, Arica Harbor will be great.

2 simply isn't enough. No matter how popular the maps are.

Link to all maps info:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Maps - Planet Battlefield

Comment

Do you guys enjoy playing in a full server, or sitting in an empty server ??

Have you guys noticed how busy we have been with the current rotation ??

*IF* we can get and sustain a good crowd 24/7, then I will look into adding other maps.

I'd rather play the game (with lots of folks) than play the map (all alone).

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        Do you guys enjoy playing in a full server, or sitting in an empty server ??

Have you guys noticed how busy we have been with the current rotation ??

*IF* we can get and sustain a good crowd 24/7, then I will look into adding other maps.

I'd rather play the game (with lots of folks) than play the map (all alone).
        I agree with this. I would love Port Valdez in the server. But i prefer a consistently full server over any map.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
          ... But i prefer a consistently full server over any map.
          +1000
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Uh uh, I'd rather play something I enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                Uh uh, I'd rather play something I enjoy.
                You think empty maps you like, are more fun than full maps ??

Really ??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  You think empty maps you like, are more fun than full maps ??

Really ??
                  Why do you immediately assume it will be empty?

Comment

I'm not assuming anything, I am basing my comments on the last 4 weeks of our server.

Haven't you noticed for the last 4 weeks our server was only busy from 8PM ET until just before midnight ET - then sat empty the other 20 hours of the day ??

I'm not a big fan of paying for a server to sit empty 84% of the day.

Some of you assume we can run your personal favorite maps and have a packed server 24/7, and that simply does not happen.

Our server has been busier than ever, and we have attracted over 700 new players in the last 36 hours alone.

I'm pretty pleased.

Comment

There are about 4 TKers in ur server right now. If you wanna keep that count up you might wanna go kick em.

Comment

Our server has been busier than ever, and we have attracted over 700 new players in the last 36 hours alone.
                        Cain I think this is a combination of things not just map rotation. I think if you would have left Arica Harbor up it would have resulted in the same thing.

Latency,HC,and being able to be semi full during off time in the US has been the most important. I think if you would have left Arica Harbor up it would have resulted in the same thing. I could be wrong.

All I know is that while I've been over seas, latency and HC vs vanilla, and how many people are playing at the time, have from what I've seen been the most deciding factors of where people choose to play.

Ah, but you could come back and say, well it was because of the map rotation. I don't think so. Having people play during off hours to keep it going has been the most important. I see a lot of other clan names in here comment that they play here because their clan server was vanilla. I personally dont see any use in running a Vanilla server. Kinda defeats the purpose of carring a gun if it takes half a mag to kill someone. Might as well beat em with a stick. Same result.

But I think that there are people out there looking for a place to play late nite with good ping and fairly good amount of players. Time will tell, if you just leave 2 maps up and numbers start to fall it may be too late to reclaim the ones that wont come back because of boredom. I say that because I have seen a lot of different players pass through. Whether they make us a favorite or not, who knows.

Just something to think about. And I know you go by the numbers that you look at but dont mistake those numbers with a 2 map rotation. I think it is more than that and we are lucky to be here at the right place and time.
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Good feedback Cobalt, most appreciated.

I can assure you I spend a lot more time than anyone imagines studying servers, player trends, maps, etc.

I can also assure you that things I have learned in 12+ years of running game servers may not be obvious to the casual game player.

We can chat more about this later.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X