Is it me or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or...

There seems to be sniper issue. Not trying to cause a rant here. It seems to me that the mode of the game is called "Rush" and for some reason the majority of players are playing recon. I'm not asking anyone to jump on a grenade trying to get to a MCOM. It just seems that the battle lines become static. I can understand after the bomb is set putting the MCOM under glass but, that never seems to happen and the enemies defuse. In frustration I find myself going to mix mode conq/rush HC servers which seems to some how weed most of the bugger out.

Played a little yesterday and, yes, almost 3/4 of the "offense" team was sniping from the last capture point on the islands map. The squad I was on did our best to take the boathouse area without help, actually planted two charges, but that was it...because it seems the snipers had difficulty covering them from 1,500 yds once we were killed by the angry mob, lol. Not so subtle hints after the first failed attempts didn't seem to sink in. So we lost the round handily.

Comment

It's NOT you, mapes. The sniper situation is horrible, more so on some maps then others.
      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
        It's NOT you, mapes. The sniper situation is horrible, more so on some maps then others.
        Yeah, it's been a while since I've sniped, now that I have the guns unlocked. I'll switch to recon for a few lives on occasion if the other team is sniping the hell out of ours with impunity, and try to counter snipe one or two...but if we're on defense, I'll mostly just let them sit there, and worry about the points.

I mostly use the assault, medic, and engineer, in that order, depending on what the squad needs...assault when no one is rushing...in a rage I'll start popping smoke and try to take the place by myself...and die.

Comment

It's more of an HC issue. I play softcore sometimes and it's amazing how much rushing there is in Rush mode.

Comment

Is this not an issue with any game that values a k/d ratio?
            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

My only rant w/ snipers is when your squad turns to snipers and you have no one to spawn off of. I will spawn off them sometimes to see if they need a med pack but not often cuz I don't want to make anyone mad and blow their cover (I did it to my husband last night).
              So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
              A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                There seems to be sniper issue. Not trying to cause a rant here. It seems to me that the mode of the game is called "Rush" and for some reason the majority of players are playing recon. I'm not asking anyone to jump on a grenade trying to get to a MCOM. It just seems that the battle lines become static. I can understand after the bomb is set putting the MCOM under glass but, that never seems to happen and the enemies defuse. In frustration I find myself going to mix mode conq/rush HC servers which seems to some how weed most of the bugger out.
                I was ranting to some people yesterday and basically said the same thing you did. Too many people playing this TDM style with a ton of snipers.
                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Yep… that’s what’s wrong with hc and sc rush servers.

Since the rest of the gun don’t’ have the crosshairs in hc or sc it’s harder to kill people and with the mini map also disable its much easier to sit back and snipe.

I hate it so much, since the snipers are staring at the direction of the spawn point and I'm the type who goes to activate the mcoms.

This goes the same with the attacking sniper. They just sit back and start sniping and since kill cam is off you get players with 14-0 or 20-0 all because you have no clue where they are.

sometimes I wish i could kick out people or at least from my squad.

[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                    Is this not an issue with any game that values a k/d ratio?

BF2 did not have this issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                      BF2 did not have this issue at all.
                      My memory's a little rusty, but did BF2 have one shot sniper kills? It seems to me that you had to hit a guy twice (though I could be wrong), which makes sniping much less appealing.

Comment

A couple of the sniper rifles were one shot kills. Especially if you got a head shot. And yes BF2 did have the same problems.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          A couple of the sniper rifles were one shot kills. Especially if you got a head shot. And yes BF2 did have the same problems.
                          Apache
                          Thanks, Apache, I wasn't sure. It's been a while since I played that one!

Comment

Apache
                            ...as does TF2. "OMG! Seriously? We don't need 6 snipers dudes!" - how many times you hear somethng similar to that in voip?
                            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Apache

I know some servers did but, maybe I just remembering that there were a ton of good servers where this wasn't an issue.

In BFBC2 Conq mode dosn't seem to be plagued with snipers

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X