Vanilla ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanilla ??

Now that we all have tons of lethal weapons, how about some Vanilla BC2 for a few days or so ??

Less snipers, more medics, spotting bad guys, etc.

i personally prefer HC
    but at the same time, im tired of seeing the defending team always winning because the attacking team has a bunch of worthless snipers.....
    so, why not try vanilla for a change?

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      Now that we all have tons of lethal weapons, how about some Vanilla BC2 for a few days or so ??

Less snipers, more medics, spotting bad guys, etc.

Worth a shot! I'll be on once I'm off work.
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

But with Vanilla the Spray and Pray crowd take over. I like knowing that in HC if I get off the 1st well placed shot I'm probably going to get the kill. It makes semi-auto weapons, M14, etc, worthless. You may get the 1st shot, but then they turn and hose you down with auto-fire.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

The good news is that mounted MGs will be worth using again.
          A change of Pace.
          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I spray and pray but that seems like the only way I can get anyone
            So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
            A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I guess the only fair thing to do would to be try out different things with the server. Maybe comparing vanilla for a while and see how it runs would be the right thing.

Comment

Yea spray and PRAY! Still better than Gustaved again. Although I'll do that from time to time also, nothing feels as good as Gustaving a sniper.
                I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

I welcome the change for awhile. Maybe it'll reduce sniper populations, spawn camping, and (probably not this one given the damgae it does) Gustav Gunning.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Not a good idea.

Comment

Although I can say without a doubt, I do better in HC than I can in vanilla. At least for now. I get the draw on a lot of people in game but cant finish em off with my crappy... well you know. But in HC if I get the draw they are usually dead.

But I must admit that our server plays better vanilla than some of the crappy asian servers. I swear sometimes I have better ping at the Lair than I do in Taiwan. And you could almost chunk a rock and hit em from here. Frustration level is just too high for me to play much vanilla.

But hey, I'm game. And I did play better at the Lair couple of days ago when we went vanilla for a while. Just better server.
                      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

The grass is always greener on the other side. I switch every now and then and having to empty a clip in a guy to droop him drives me nuts then I come back to HC to a team of snipers. I say go for vanilla for a few days just for the variety but what we really need is a little more freedom in the settings so we could tweak the parts we don't like.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                          what we really need is a little more freedom in the settings so we could tweak the parts we don't like.
                          +1 That would be awesome! Maybe vanilla with health half way between normal vanilla and HC...
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

We were Vanilla for one round last night and hc for the rest
                            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                              The grass is always greener on the other side. I switch every now and then and having to empty a clip in a guy to droop him drives me nuts then I come back to HC to a team of snipers. I say go for vanilla for a few days just for the variety but what we really need is a little more freedom in the settings so we could tweak the parts we don't like.

Thats why I'm pushing mixed mode Conq/Rush The snipers all leave when Conq mode comes up

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X