Map rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map rotation

Guys, I know it may not make a difference but we really need to add a couple more maps. People get worn down with just 2. I know I am. I've logged a lot of hours and after a while it just aint fun anymore. But thats just me.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
    Guys, I know it may not make a difference but we really need to add a couple more maps. People get worn down with just 2. I know I am. I've logged a lot of hours and after a while it just aint fun anymore. But thats just me.
    Everyone likes Atamica Desert and Port Valdez...

Comment

Throw a conquest map in for giggles.

Comment

I feel the same. I love the one map (the lighthouse) but the other one is killing me. I know if there were more maps along with it, I would stay in the server a lot longer.
        So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I'll keep playing either way, but, yeah, after 100+ hours on two maps, I'd be game for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by lady-MGS View Post
            I know if there were more maps along with it, I would stay in the server a lot longer.
            +1 after a few hours of only playing two maps I get bored and log off...
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus View Post
              throw A Conquest Map In For Giggles.
              +1000000

Comment

The desert-ish maps and Isla Innocentes are the only ones I even slightly enjoy... need some agent orange in those cursed jungles.
                of course, now that they've fixed the snipers so its two mysterious bullets from a bush instead of one it might get better.

Comment

Just wanted to rehash this one a little. Was it last week or the week before that we had two other maps in the rotation for a day or two? It was kind of nice to have the variety. Also, an online bud is getting the game. I told him this is the only server I play on. He asked how many maps there are. I said "two". "TWO?!!", was his response. I tried explaining that they're bigger than MW2, and that there are different parts of the map...but I really wanted to say: no, there are three or four.

Comment

I would like to see laguna presa tossed in the map rotation i love that map.

Comment

Look, on a personal basis these are my two least favorite maps in the game--counting both conquest and rush modes. But the fact is every time new maps are put in the rotation, the server loses players on those maps.

Cain's going to go with maps that keep the server filled. If you can figure out ways to help keep it full when new maps are up, you may have a better chance of getting new maps in full-time.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                        Look, on a personal basis these are my two least favorite maps in the game--counting both conquest and rush modes. But the fact is every time new maps are put in the rotation, the server loses players on those maps.

Cain's going to go with maps that keep the server filled. If you can figure out ways to help keep it full when new maps are up, you may have a better chance of getting new maps in full-time.

-Rand
                        Only way I know to keep a server full for any map is to play in the server. But since the other maps aren't there, can't really do that to try it out. How long were the other maps put up? (seems like only a few days, from what I remember, and is that long enough to establish fact?) Is the data from our experience or a webwide database? Just curious, and not using sarcasm or whatnot...just wondering about the info I do not have. Were the new maps on long enough to know that people were leaving because of them and not because of random asshatters, teams of snipers, hackers, or simply the hour of the day?

Not trying to give you or anyone a hard time. And heck, my score would drop on maps that I don't know every cranny of...but...if, for example, added maps would keep it full at even this time of day (never anyone in between 5AM to midafternoon, unless some of us run around in it empty for an hour or so, which I've done plenty but wasn't always a blast, especially with the same scenery) it would be a sweet deal for me, and good for the Lair!

Comment

We already went through this. Cain wants the server full. He believes that the 2 maps are enough. Look at all the 24/7 CERTAIN MAP servers. They are always full. I say let's just do a 24/7 Shipment server.

Comment

Skud,

First, I agree with wanting new maps. As it is, I might need to play recon just for something different.

However, you know Cain always aims to run servers the way players like them. His decisions are based on player data in the logs (not his own preference). When the server data for a new map shows many players immediately leaving without new players joining, the conclusion is clear. He has a lot of experience at this.

Personally, I'd rather see many maps (plus some conquest mixed in), but players-who-are-not-us have voted with their feet. I like a full server, so I'm okay with whatever it takes. Most of the servers on my original favorites list (from months ago) usually have a 0 player count now.

If I wanted to make a good case to try another map, I'd use the server browser to survey which rush maps are found full at various times of day. Data is always good for discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                              Skud,

First, I agree with wanting new maps. As it is, I might need to play recon just for something different.

However, you know Cain always aims to run servers the way players like them. His decisions are based on player data in the logs (not his own preference). When the server data for a new map shows many players immediately leaving without new players joining, the conclusion is clear. He has a lot of experience at this.

Personally, I'd rather see many maps (plus some conquest mixed in), but players-who-are-not-us have voted with their feet. I like a full server, so I'm okay with whatever it takes. Most of the servers on my original favorites list (from months ago) usually have a 0 player count now.

If I wanted to make a good case to try another map, I'd use the server browser to survey which rush maps are found full at various times of day. Data is always good for discussion.
                              Hey, thanks for the detailed response, Qicmee. Like I said, I don't have the info you all have, and I don't question the decisions made. I was just checking, voicing my opinion. Hopefully things continue to build. If my bud wants to try new maps when he gets the game, I might join him for a few at times to help him with the break-in period and to see new sights myself or drive other equipment....but I'd still rather do it here.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X