Patch FINALLY coming Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch FINALLY coming Wednesday

"After a lot of trials and tribulations, all versions of the game client has now completed QA successfully.
    We will do no more testing on it.

All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Wednesday Jun 30th at 07:00AM (GMT+2). Most of them should be back up by 11:00AM (GMT+2).

During this time window, we will also release the new game client.

Check back after 11:00AM (GMT+2), and try out the new game client!"

Officially from DiCE

Linkage

Let me be the first to say, ABOUT DAMN TIME. And, I wonder what else they broke lol

Wow.. No mention of VOIP anywhere in the changelog.

Apparently they've given up on it!

Also from the post:
    "The client patch is approximately 890MB large. The list of changes is pretty much the same as is listed here. I'm going to write a post which explains some of the background behind the delays later tonight."

EDIT: This is just in time for me to join you guys! I will finally have my new rig up and running in a few days when A&M sends me my cheap copy of Windows 7.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Wonder if it will fix the typo for the medic pack upgrades....

example: medic heal speed increase is called " r+" while range increase is "h+" should be flipped

Comment

No mention of Hot Carl? That expanding hitbox part seems kinda weak also. I thought it was supposed to be harder to hit moving targets.

At least I can chat when dead now.
        Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
          "The client patch is approximately 890MB large.
          Thats not a patch!!! thats a full limb replacement with all the mod-cons thrown in!

Either way, i still hold to this... Its an awful big patch for a awful puney change list...

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Just remember what W.C. Fields said: "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. "
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
              Thats not a patch!!! thats a full limb replacement with all the mod-cons thrown in!

Either way, i still hold to this... Its an awful big patch for a awful puney change list...
              Patches were that large in WoW.... except they were adding massive amounts of content
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Almost 1GB size... there goes 2 hours of my life...

Comment

Had a chance to review the notes. My thoughts below
                  Likes.

Server - Idle kick is controllable
                  Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
                  Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
                  Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
                  Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
                  Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
                  Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
                  Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced

Dislikes
                  Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
                  No mention of VOIP fixes!
                  Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Yeah, you would think as big as it is there would be more changes listed.

Here are a few things I am looking forward to in the patch:
                    Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode
                    Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
                    Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well
                    Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
                    Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
                    Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
                    I wonder what 'Modified' means?
                    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post

Hopefully HC that will allow admin to allow crosshairs (at least on mounted weapons) and minimap... hopefully.
                      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

"Modified? mode means that the server's settings have been changed from the default values. Cain will have a few more options for how the game is played.

'Players can see whether a server is normal / modified / hardcore in the server browser. A grey skull icon indicates a ?Modified? mode. A yellow skull indicates a ?Hardcore? mode.'

A modified server will have a non-default setting for one or more of these: friendlyFire, killCam, miniMap, crossHair, 3dSpotting (spotted targets marked with icons), miniMapSpotting (icons), and thirdPersonVehicleCameras.

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
                          Patches were that large in WoW.... except they were adding massive amounts of content
                          Exactly my thought!
                          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                            Yeah, you would think as big as it is there would be more changes listed.

Here are a few things I am looking forward to in the patch:

What, crosshairs?!!! I was thinking hardcore players should have blindfolds!!!

But seriously, what a great idea to have guns with sights...I didn't think we'd come up with such advances even in my lifetime. Really amazing world, when you think of it.

Comment

No VOIP
                              No Friends List
                              Etc.....

More changes than fixes.....

BFBC - Brain Fart, Bad Coding.
                              A change of Pace.
                              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X