lagg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lagg?

Has anyone else had the crippling lagg I've had when a new major event happens on the map? For examples when me and another player push the fire button I go to a complete stop and the next thing I know I'm watching my kill cam, or also a helicopter is flying around and it begins to fire it's gun on somone (not me), my screen will come to a complete halt. I had the computer on the recommended settings which seemed high, but worked, so I tried to put every single setting to low to test and the problem was still there.

i've noticed that anybody with a 250+ ping will seem to "hop" about the server... it's very annoying because they will be in one place and then about half a second later be a nice little distance away, and yet they can seem to kill me like they have a 80 ping...
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Interesting idea...

Comment

Originally posted by tayeke
        Interesting idea...
        more like annoying problem...
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I had a bit of lag last night but nothing major.

Comment

i kinda fixed it. I don't like turning my resolution from my native one, so I tweaked some settings and the sweet spot seemed to be the texture quality, which was all set to automatic. I changed my textures to manual normal by default. The biggest problem wiht my computer is it thinks it's better than it is and try's too hard. Only difference in quality is that the walls seem less detailed. And oh of course I turned dynamic lights to low to help. Just those things seems to have fixed most of the problem. Still has to stop and load the airstrikes and such sometimes.

Comment

What you are describing is low FPS or "video lag".....

Comment

Also, if I am fiddling with the UT3 server, it may lag people for a few minutes..

Comment

Ok well it seems my lagg just subsided a bit, but it was worse than ever today. And this time it was not video lagg. My ping kept spiking to 999 and every once and a while I would get the connection lost message. So is this you on the UT sever you mentioned? Also I'm living in the saem area with the same provider as deadly and we have the same ping on average, sp why am I getting this. Do you think I need to open a port. Is it the fact I have windows vista, dual core processor, more ram than deadly?????

Comment

Originally posted by tayeke
                    Ok well it seems my lagg just subsided a bit, but it was worse than ever today. And this time it was not video lagg. My ping kept spiking to 999 and every once and a while I would get the connection lost message. So is this you on the UT sever you mentioned? Also I'm living in the saem area with the same provider as deadly and we have the same ping on average, sp why am I getting this. Do you think I need to open a port. Is it the fact I have windows vista, dual core processor, more ram than deadly?????
                    Where do you live?? What State ??

Comment

<---- (tualatin Oregon)

Comment

We live in Oregon

Comment

Yikes..

do you have any idea how many routers you need to hop through to reach my COD4 Server?? I'm asking, I do not know.

Remember, any single router can ruin your gameplay experience.

Comment

Sigh... yeah I have to hop through like texas to chicago to SC atleast!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X