OMghs, What the....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMghs, What the....

It's gotten bad... I went 0-11 on one round..
    WHY.. Because I was trying to uncap, and got ZERO help from my
    team... It got kinda silly.

All snipers, and me sacrificing for basically nothing. But that's what I do.

I don't mind going negative for the team, but that was way over the line.
    Some CLR's on other team, but couldn't switch, because my team was always less people than them..

Almost my entire team was Sniper/Recon. So there ya go.
    Luckily, i had some soccer matches to referee, so dropped out.
    ??Click me to donate??

It's an epidemic I tell ya!

Comment

I said something about it today, and some guy jumped all over me for whining. Went so far as to make an insult about my mother...

It is bad though. Problem is most don't care. Many matches I spawn off the same sniper for the whole round and he doesn't move, except for when the mcom stations move. Other times the places they pick are so useless I have to foot it.
      Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
        I said something about it today, and some guy jumped all over me for whining. Went so far as to make an insult about my mother...

It is bad though. Problem is most don't care. Many matches I spawn off the same sniper for the whole round and he doesn't move, except for when the mcom stations move. Other times the places they pick are so useless I have to foot it.
        I saw that, I tried to changed the subject by saying the heck with snipers shoot down those heli. The two helis that was in the air with their mount guns were dominating us.

Comment

Lets see where should I start. First I have to give Dead all the credit when I play with him. Very unselfish. And tries to win the game hard. He plays late a lot and I end up with him on my team so I know what I'm talkin about.

Next is, if after about 2 times I've tried to disarm or arm the mcom and I dont see anybody else making any effort, I'm done. I aint gonna sacrifice my self like Dead said just so they can pad their damn stats. It really pisses me off.

And last but not least. The first person that starts a server with no snipers and M2's, RPG's , and AT4's for armor only, that server would be full 24/7 no doubt about it. And I aint exaggerating one bit.

There are just too many people that feel the same way about a game full of wookies doing squat. One thing I learned about recon real quick. Unless you put yourself in a position to see the mcom and defend it, and call in mortars on armor you're wasting yourself for the team. Killin some joker on the other side of the base aint helpin much. Thats what the rest of the team does.

The only way I play recon now is if someone is being a smart ^&*(^#% and I have to deal with it on a personal level. But that just me.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Usually, when we are at 10-12, it is more balanced, and we have a team that is Assault/Engy/Medic types.. Seems when we get to 32/32 it tends to gravitate to Recon/Recon/Recon.. lol

At any rate, I'll play regardless, i just had to rant abit..

You can see my stats, I really could care less about K/D, and it shows.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Yeah, it gets really frustrating when the MCOM needs to be disarmed but no one is willing to chance it because they will probably die (or 'cause they're all snipers)...

I have been playing sniper a decent amount lately, trying to get all of the bronzes, but if I see the MCOM needs to be disarmed, I'll whip out my pistol and try to disarm it.
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

nm
                Last edited by Warhead; 4 Jul 2010, 02:08 PM.

Comment

With friendly fire turned on, I find it VERY hard not to put some bullets in the recons camping out on "noob island".

But I will persevere since team killing is frowned upon.

But it really sucks when I'm trying to win and they just sit back playing death match.

Comment

I went 3-26 today... As i said, i don't mind a negative K/D.. i just dislike it when i have no support... it was pretty rediculous... Even if i have noone helping, i'll still charge.
                    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I'm doing a ton of assault lately. You need to pack smoke. In fact if I'm on the attacking side I'll throw down an ammo box and smoke the entire approach to the MCOMs. If on defense and try and position myself where I'm protected from snipers and can shoot the attackers in the back as they run by. When an MCOM gets triggered I again blanket the entire area with smoke to help out my team.

Sometimes I smoke areas where I think snipers are.... no matter what side they're on.

Comment

Oh and another thing I really think that if we ran a mixed mode rush/conq server alot of those snipers that are career do nothings would leave.

Comment

I've started using more smoke as well. Not 100% effective, but gives you a better chance.

there was this one heli flying over and over the island, with the tracer ganked some on engy, its much harder to hit a moving chopper.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                            I've started using more smoke as well. Not 100% effective, but gives you a better chance.

there was this one heli flying over and over the island, with the tracer ganked some on engy, its much harder to hit a moving chopper.
                            Last night I was lying down a bunch of smoke and someone else started to use it too. With the two of us laying a continuous shield of smoke we were able to hold off the snipers as well as the rest of the team. It's just too bad that you don't get any credit for the smoke shield.
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I put a continous smoke line out at one time, trying to give the team a chance to cap. Unfortunately, at that time, we had very few cappers on the team, mostly snipers, so it didn't make a huge difference. I'm trying to use it as an uncap screen as well, with so-so success.

I thought it was funny later, As I took the Bradley in, and the other team had several Engy's, but they were all about blowing up players. They let me rampage through and protect the cap. One of their teammates commented on it. LOL

You really never know if someone is trying to win an award or such as the reason for them playing a class or certain weapon. Or, they just aren't playing smart team-work.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X