Modified anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified anyone?

I was wondering if we could play around with doing a Modified server instead of straight up Hardcore. I would love to see the minimap added (among other things). Thoughts?
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Crosshairs (espeicailly for mounted weapons) and minimap are my votes.
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

nm
      Last edited by Warhead; 4 Jul 2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
        Crosshairs (espeicailly for mounted weapons) and minimap are my votes.
        Yes please! I just got this game yesterday and hopped in the server for 30 minutes or so, and damn was that frustrating.

I was scared to stand next to anyone because it felt like I would die if they sneezed. With no VOIP and no minimap, it is impossible to know where any enemy units are. I felt like a blind squirrel trying to find a nut (except that these nuts are carrying guns).
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
        - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
          Yes please! I just got this game yesterday and hopped in the server for 30 minutes or so, and damn was that frustrating.

I was scared to stand next to anyone because it felt like I would die if they sneezed. With no VOIP and no minimap, it is impossible to know where any enemy units are. I felt like a blind squirrel trying to find a nut (except that these nuts are carrying guns).
          You can still see the red/orange baddies on the spawn map after dying, if they're spotted or engaged. I also watch the overhead view while waiting to respawn, you can often get a good idea of where they're coming from or at.

I would like to be able to use the iron sights on mounted guns, though. I mean, you can zero in on things with the tracer rounds and watching where they are hitting, but it would save you a second or two of being out in the open (basically crying to the world "HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M ON THE MOUNT!) on the mount to be able to lay the sights on things and begin firing.

Comment

Ya'll stop whining like children. No body has it as bad as me, nobody, and I survive.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
              Ya'll stop whining like children. No body has it as bad as me, nobody, and I survive.
              Not for long, not for long. Then you start whining.

Comment

Crosshairs would be nice.. although I have my trusty red dot which is not affected by hardcore.

But I needs me my minimap.. I hate bring up the regular map since it obscures everything it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                  Not for long, not for long. Then you start whining.
                  If I whine its about being frustrated cause I'm slower than everybody else. Not because I die on spawn or dont have an aimer for my weapon.You have an aimer. 12x.. 4x.. reddot.. iron. Take your pick.

The difference between my whinin about speed and them whinin about sights is that they have options to choose from and are on the same level with everyone else because everyone else has the same options. So that aspect right there puts them on (depending on their choice) equal ground.

With mine I have no option for speed. It is what it is and I cant change it. Unless I get somewhere in the vicinity of the US. So apples and oranges about the whining.

Oh, and one other item I might add, I challenge anyone, anywhere, anytime to play with a consistent connection of 350+ like I have and get the scores I do with the weapons I use, and my style of play.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

If I whine its about being frustrated cause I'm slower than everybody else. Not because I die on spawn or dont have an aimer for my weapon.You have an aimer. 12x.. 4x.. reddot.. iron. Take your pick.

The difference between my whinin about speed and them whinin about sights is that they have options to choose from and are on the same level with everyone else because everyone else has the same options. So that aspect right there puts them on (depending on their choice) equal ground.

With mine I have no option for speed. It is what it is and I cant change it. Unless I get somewhere in the vicinity of the US. So apples and oranges about the whining.

Oh, and one other item I might add, I challenge anyone, anywhere, anytime to play with a consistent connection of 350+ like I have and get the scores I do with the weapons I use, and my style of play.
                    Hasn't this been posted in another thread? (or seventeen)

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                      Hasn't this been posted in another thread? (or seventeen)
                      Yea, but not in this context.

Comment

Yea, but not in this context.
                        You madez me chuckle. It's cool though, you might have noticed that I haven't played in a while. Honestly the game died and I uninstalled it a few days ago. That patch was the last hope for it and it failed miserably. Enjoy dying by someone who isn't as awesome as me.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                          You madez me chuckle. It's cool though, you might have noticed that I haven't played in a while. Honestly the game died and I uninstalled it a few days ago. That patch was the last hope for it and it failed miserably. Enjoy dying by someone who isn't as awesome as me.
                          Mr. Fickle.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                            Mr. Fickle.
                            I had to google that. Well, I change games but one game I always go back to- Cod4. King of all kings.

Comment

Stay on target!
                              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X