Connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection issues

Guys, for the last 2 days I've been having a lot of connection problems. I can access web pages in the US. But I cant connect to EA online. The browser seems to connect when I log in but when I go to pull up the favorites list it runs a few seconds searching then says "Failed to connect to EA online".

I cant log onto MOH either. Hangs on connecting at the start and thats it. WaW ok no problem. Is this an EA deal or what. Nothing has changed on my system. I even disabled the firewall. Still no joy.

Does anybody know the ip address for the EA server that we connect to when we actually play.I know we have the instructions in the .ini settings for finding our favorites , then I assume it uses those instructions somehow after we log on to go to the various web servers that host the game. I need to know what the ip address is for when we get that far into it.I was gonna run ping plotter on it and see what the problem was.

Or maybe someone can explain just how it works. I aint much into this web stuff. So I'm fairly ignorant of such.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I recently read an article that said government computes were under new rules and certain sites would be blocked. Maybe this is the problem?
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I'm not in Iraq anymore man I'm done.I'm in Bangkok right now.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

This is what's listed for our CLR server,
        IP Address: 67.222.138.115 Port: 19567 Query Port: 48888
        but your IP address for the EA server is unknown. I assume it's auto-selected based on your world location (to deliver a "high quality experience"). If that server has a problem, maybe they will fix it on Monday?

Sometimes, people have solved this connection problem by running BFBC2Updater.exe in the game folder. Painless, but no promise.

Comment

I think you might have misunderstood. When we log onto EA in the beginning we have to give our user name and password. Thats the one I cant access now. Thats the one I need to know the IP address of. The one that stores our account and game data. Thats the one I cant log onto.Its the EA online that I cant access. Where ever that is. But I know its different than when we click and access Cains.

Comment

Just because it might help, I'll ask, did you try this yet?
            Sometimes, people have solved this connection problem by running BFBC2Updater.exe in the game folder. Painless, but no promise.

Comment

yea, the updater always executes first without fail, but I did what you said. It did the same thing as when it starts from the shortcut icon. I'm gonna reload the game and see if that helps. Maybe something got corrupted with all the crap connection I have and the way the game crashes randomly all the time.

Thanks though Qicmee.

Comment

I've got no more suggestions, but there's still the crossed-fingers that they will fix a server problem Monday.

Comment

Well, looks like I'm done folks, seems that this is an EA issue and they already have everyone's money so havent heard one peep as to what can be done.Lots of people complaining. Funny thing though, the 360 is having the same problems. Hehe, what goes around comes around.

I guess in my lifetime I'll never see another game designed specifically for the PC. Should have seen it coming though. "The love of money is the root of all evil." end of story.

Comment

aww... that sucks Cobalt...
                    Last edited by Minerva; 19 Jul 2010, 07:42 AM.
                    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Remember it was the weekend. They are probably waiting until regular business hours to start working on it. They probably do not want to pay overtime.
                      I hope they get it fixed soon. I kind of miss being killed by you.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I've had connection issues as well, but it will work out eventually.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

If I can remember tonight I'll sniff the connection tonight and get you the IP addy. Alternatively you could do it yourself. Go and get wireshark run it and then try connecting

Comment

This is what I got when I tried to log into the server. Ran ping plotter on the IP and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Just get "Failed to connect to EA online"

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X