KNIFE WARS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNIFE WARS?

I was on the server Just a few minets Ago Haveing a knife war with Batmanside's Squad. A admin told me thats its not aloud, I never read this eney were on the Forums and Fare as i know its not a rule. Can someone inlighten me on this please?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

It is a form of Stat padding. And, in effect, you are running your own server on Cain's Server.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

was it a start up and there was only less than 7 people?

if 8 then theres a problem..

Comment

Ok i just wan't to know. Like i sead i never read this eney were on the Fourms that you can't, But i will not do it eney more. TY

Comment

There was 5 or 6 people doing it but i thought it was ok i guess not.

Comment

I was heavy into knives in BF2 and I still am. I remember when BF2142 first came out and a few of us would run around knifing like mad. I had my gold knife badge with in the first few weeks of game play. But an organized group like this is just about the same as the "knife and pistol" servers which Cain's Lair is not about. As much as many of us hate EA we do try to follow the rules.

Its ok to knife but not to organize an event ingame which only knives are aloud.

I vote no.

Enough said.

Comment

See here: http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=17485

Basically, large-scale knife-only wars are borderline stat padding, making them against EA's rules, and therefore Cain's rules. Intentionally organizing a knife-only fight is pretty much the same as organizing a knife-only server.

My opinion? Knife-only fights/servers should be allowed. I understand how hogging vehicles to get you to a knife fight and then leaving them there can hurt your team on a regular server, but if EVERYONE is using knives, and they're all in the same area on a knife server anyway, then does it matter? If it wasn't already too late, I'd say get rid of the knife badges so you don't get a load of points quickly, and let people have fun. Sure you get a lot of dog tags, but you'll probably lose them just as fast anyway.

Comment

The way you all where/are doing it, its classed as stat padding.
                Why?
                Its organized, there is masses of you, and your tying up assets that the team need.

It just takes 1 screen shot of 10 of you in one area, sent to EA of you all knifing each other for our server to be removed from the master list or even worse taken off us totally and banned from getting another one.

I disagree with the mass knifing for that reason.

If you want to continue, so be it, just Cain know where to look if EA sends him an email about knife only/stat padding on his server.

Just remember it takes 62 people to fill the server, but it takes at least 4 to get it shutdown for something that does not happen here.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Just chatted with Batmanside, he was telling his squad it was a no-no to do this. Please make sure when you mention a players name in a thread that you are not making it seem like they were involved in said activities.
                  [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                  [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                  [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

I said yes. I still don't see how having fun while only using knives is asshatting, cheating or whatever. Unless you planned it and said "ONLY KNIVES OR GET OUT" and seemed forceful about it, then no I don't think its okay. But if you are simply having fun while dueling someone with the blade, sure its okay. What happened to me was people started jumping in on their own. Some people that read the post I linked didn't understand that and I was accused of asshatting and stat padding, which in no form was I besides participating in a knife battle. People used guns in that battle, while most decided knives are more fun and challenging.

I even used APM's and others during the battle.

But enough of that thread, it's a done deal. Some people think I was being a jerk, while others didn't seem to post. But, none of those people were there at the knife fights, they were only there observing from a transport.

I say yes, it should be allowed. But I say no if people are acting forceful and creating their own rules for that knife fight.

Comment

Let's start acting like CLRs guys.

Comment

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

First concerning Batmanside, my 11 yro was on Bat's squad and the speakers were hooked up. I heard Bat talking and in no way did he want to take part in it. When I had said something, he even said he wasn't allowed to anymore.

Murphy, now you know why I asked if you read the forums. I didn't push the issue w/ you nor did I try to cause a scene. I was only trying to point out to you that it's not fair to turn into a knives only but you also end up using the assets the team needs to win. I'm not sure if you noticed or not but our commander was out there w/ you. In return, he wasn't dropping supplies, he wasn't doing anything that was asked of him because he was to involved w/ what was going on out in the boonies. I'm not blaming his actions on you what so ever but when one does something, then you have a lot of followers.

When the server is just starting up, it's a differant story and yes, I know how fun knives only can be. I've never gotten the hang of it in 2142 and never did in BF2 but the last game I played, I loved to do knives only. Even when I was on dial up and couldn't knife anyone, it was still a blast to do so but here, you just can't do it.

Thanks for understanding
                        So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Yes i'm VERY SORRY about this i didn't know EA made a big deal about this. I surly didn't mean to put the server at eney risk, I would never do that. I under stand now, I will not ever do it agine. I'm Truely Sorry Please forgive this Fool!

Comment

No.

It annoys me as both a player and an admin to see people wasting team assets in this behavior, and you may ruin some people's fun, those trying to win a round who can't because a large group of their teammates is tied up in what I consider to be stat padding.

There is nothing wrong with ending up in a knife war by default when a couple of people all pull out knives at a silo and go at it. Organized knife fights for entire rounds is a no-no, and in my opinion is not a behavior a CLR should engage in.

Unless it's when we're waiting for start-ups. Then stuff like this is fun, prior to actual round start. But there is a time and a place.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I swear guys, people were NOT using assets until the admins arrived. I don't know why, but even ask batmanside. No one used a transport until it got out of hand. The max asset that was wasted was about 1-2 transport. I'll admit I used one, but it was used as a "going to posistion then bailing" I was the only one in and took the pilot seat once the other person jumped out, which was near the area of knives. So I used the transport which was in that photo.

If I sound defensive for this topic, it's because I had the most fun I've almost ever had. Remember back at the no vehicles Cains Lair bf2? it was ALWAYS empty, and what did we CLR people do while waiting to fill it? We knifed each other. It was FUN. The only difference in this was that the game was full of players, and the kills actually counted.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X