Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, NOW I'm angry... [Not anymore! FIXED!]

EDIT: YIPEE, I fixed it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[rant]

As most of you probably know, last time I updated CoD4 my stats were corrupted. I had to start over. Patch 1.4 rolls along, Steam installs it, and guess what problem I'm having? YAY, I HAVE TO START FROM THE BEGINNING.... AGAIN!

It looks like this is going to happen to me after every patch...

After the last time, I started taking backups of my profile. So when I saw the error message appear, I thought "meh... time to pull out the backup!" Well, I copy it over, start up the game, and I got the same error. I've tried two different backups from two different dates, and neither of them are yielding any results. It just tells me my stats data is corrupt again, and resets it.

There's been no word from either Steam or Activision as far as I know. If anyone comes across anything, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could pass it on.

I managed to finally get back to the same rank I was when my stats were first reset, and it looks like I'll be doing it again. This will be the third time that I make it to level 40, and frankly I don't see myself sticking with the game if this happens every patch.

Here's a nice little image for those of you who are interested...

[/rant]

Holy @!#$ !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
      Holy @!#$ !!!!!
      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

HOLY CRAP, I fixed it! WOOOOO!

OK, so, when I first got the game and started scanning through the options menu, I found the Key setting under Multiplayer Options. I selected it, and there was a key there. I figured since Steam doesn't give you a key, it would be a wise idea to record it in case I ever needed it in the future.

So then when the next patch came along and erased my stats, I started reading up. Apperantly your stats are locked to your key, so if you change keys, you have to start fresh. I checked my options, but my key was still the same and there. Dead end.

This time I decided to take a look at those options again as a last hope. Lo and behold, my key was gone. The spaces were just empty. I pulled out my key, typed it back in, and restored my latest backup. Launch the game, and BINGO... back to level 41!

Steam users, if you want to be safe rather than sorry, write down your key and make plenty of profile backups.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Your key should also be in your registry.

Comment

Glad you got it fixed...in the immortal words of Chris Farley "HOLY SCHNIKES!"

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X