Bad lag on the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad lag on the game

Wow the lag on this game is so bad at the moment its unplayable for me on the pc so I'm going to pick a copy up for the 360 till they sort this lag out.

you playin on an American server?
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

That's why I usually start with the SP. By the time I've finished that they have made the 1st patch for the MP problems.
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

i was going to pick the game up last night midnight, but too tired to get it...

Will see how it goes once i can pick up today...
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Steam version just released on East coast.

I'm going in!
          A change of Pace.

Comment

Try this console command and you lag should change for the better a little bit.

/com_maxfps X It can improve lag to set your max fps. If you are using VSync then set your maxfps to 60. Replace 'X' with a the number. Use '0' zero to unlock maxfps.

Edit: I have another but not available atm since I am at work. I told Minerva it around 3am my time so if you can get it from her or if she sees this post and remembers it, she can do me and us all the favor and posting it.

Edit again: I found someone else's fix that he tried. I haven't tried it yet but maybe someone could and let us know.

1. Open Console (`)
            Type cl_maxpackets 100
            Close Game.

2. Right click on Black Ops Multi in steam games
            Go Properties -> Updates -> Untick Enable steam cloud sync.

If the above doesn't work try the following..

Steam > Settings > In Game > uncheck “Enable Steam Community In-Game”

Load game and see if it works.
            Last edited by FieryDragon; 9 Nov 2010, 02:07 PM.
            [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Yeah, chunky gameplay, to say the least. I was on a server in which I had a ping of 59, and still was jumping all over the place. Also, looks just like WAW, which is what I was afraid of (but was what I expected from prerelease vids I saw). I hope we keep the badcompany server open.

Comment

Installing now...we'll see. If you go to the website, you'll see they closed the forums down for "maintenance". There was a ton of posts earlier of people having all kinds of playability issues.

http://www.callofduty.com/board/

Comment

If you have an nvidia video card - UPDATE your drivers. On my the screen kept going in and out of focus. Some time the ACOG scope was completely blurred. The latest video drivers fixed that.

Now if I could get the sounds stop skipping, and the FPS to come up, even in SP mode it can go to a crawl.

Seems my rig is at the very bottom end, and it shows.
                  A change of Pace.

Comment

It was like that with WaW too, but they addressed them a heck of a lot faster than EA ever did for BC2.
                    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Yeah I was experiencing really intermittent results, sometimes the gameplay was smooth and fluid, then next stuttering lag and warping. Single player is fine though.
                      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                        If you have an nvidia video card - UPDATE your drivers. On my the screen kept going in and out of focus. Some time the ACOG scope was completely blurred. The latest video drivers fixed that.

Now if I could get the sounds stop skipping, and the FPS to come up, even in SP mode it can go to a crawl.

Seems my rig is at the very bottom end, and it shows.
                        Same, the cpu listed as min requirements is the one i have. So I pulled the trigger and ordered parts for a new PC
                        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
                          Same, the cpu listed as min requirements is the one i have. So I pulled the trigger and ordered parts for a new PC
                          Nice.

Oh, and I was wondering if Cobalt maybe didn't bring the lag back home with him: maybe it's not just a half-baked game!

Comment

the lag was so bad and i get "server disconnected: steam connect failed" all the time too, add that to +300 ping to the nearest aussie server, OMG!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                              Nice.

Oh, and I was wondering if Cobalt maybe didn't bring the lag back home with him: maybe it's not just a half-baked game!
                              Well.. La Dee Dah. So now everyone gets to experience a little lag. Man this will be just normal play for me. Been rollin like this for 4 years.

Hehe. I havent even played yet. I'll let you know when I get my machine up and running.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X