is there a way to "ban" airstrikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a way to "ban" airstrikes?

On certain maps? Because on some of the little ones they practically cover the entire area, making them overpowered. Hell I even got 14 kills on 1 airstrike, I should be happy but it sucks. Is there any way at all, like a setting or something, to ban airstrikes?

I'm not suggesting banning a player for using an ingame option, just wondering if there is an option to turn them off or something, it really ruins the fun spawning 3 times and dying those 3 times from 1 airstrike.

Also, if possible it'd be great if we got an admin on around the time of this post, because I was watching a lot of sniper kill cams where they were jumping and hit me in the head repeatidly (if thats a word)

hey assassin

No i don't think there is a way, i wish i knew cuz i spawn in them way too much

lol assassin i thought you were an admin you're on all the time and you're a great guy, isn't that what you need?

Comment

I'm about to log into the game.

It is actually harder to kill as a sniper than 2142, believe it or not.
      I have gotten decent with snap shots as a sniper though, so don't
      feel like they are all hacks, they are just that good.

All of the admin's take SS's and an occassional fraps of players to see
      if there is anything going on. Suprisingly very very little is going on
      that isn't just Uber L33T players having fun. We HAVE banned, though
      it is MUCH MUCH less than what 2142 had, even on it's quiet days.

We have discussed the airstrike/gunship possible ban. On maps such as
      bog, airstrikes kill alot of people at once. We don't run any maps that are
      that gruesome for airstrike/gunship kills. Enough buildings to hide in that
      those strikes don't take out alot of people normally. If is just part of the
      game at this time. If it becomes a problem, then we shall re-address it.

Good gaming, and have fun.
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

"Ranked Servers" of which we are one, cannot disable UAV, Choppers, or airstrikes.

Comment

If you die 3 times from 1 air strike you are hitting the "F" key to quickly after each death, as you have a 5 second kill cam before respawn!
          [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
          [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
          [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

I like airstrikes. they piss me off at times but when I get 5 kills it makes me feel like I accomplished something.

Comment

Sometimes i get bored with Airstrikes and i will target just one person, say sitting back sniping, that shows up on the UAV.
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I like them...great killing tool. Helis get on my nerves more. especially when you can't get it off because everyone else beats you to the punch lol

Comment

Originally posted by A1B2C3CAL
                  I like them...great killing tool. Helis get on my nerves more. especially when you can't get it off because everyone else beats you to the punch lol

That and you will be in a group of 4 guys and you will be the only one the helo kills... lol

Comment

Airstrikes are gooood, M'kay?

Comment

Originally posted by ~SAS~LIMEY
                      If you die 3 times from 1 air strike you are hitting the "F" key to quickly after each death, as you have a 5 second kill cam before respawn!

You don't get one after an airstrike

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                        Originally posted by ~SAS~LIMEY

You don't get one after an airstrike
                        hmm, I thought you did, I have NEVER died twice from the same airstrike....
                        [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                        [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                        [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Yeah, making a jump shot is tricky, but not impossible. Unfortunately, it's a fault of the game. The "hold your breath" thing to stabilize the scope is nice, but you hold that same stabilization, even while -jumping- with your huge rifle. So yeah, it's a little unrealistic... You just have to find someone sitting still, jump a few times to line up your target, and then hold breath, jump, and shoot.

Comment

It's not the getting killed that bothers me, it's the constant earthquake that messes up your aim.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico0
                              It's not the getting killed that bothers me, it's the constant earthquake that messes up your aim.
                              I hate that one too.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X