The Bitch About Grenades Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bitch About Grenades Thread

I gotta say, I have no problem with a well tossed grenade thru a window or into a door way.

BUT

When I see the random grenades flying thru the map, in which the player has absolutely NO IDEA where it lands This is by far the cheapest tactic of all. :P

Yeah yeah complain all you want about me and my last stand deaths BUT c'mon at least I'm aiming at you !!!

LIMIT GRENDADES !!! or even create a class with 2 players per side.
    All others must pick them up from dead guys < if availible > or something.

GRENADE SPAMMERS 2 Thumbs way down and YOU KNOW WHO YOUE ARE !!

let the flames begin....

I always know where i'm throwing my nades. Just because you don't see me it doesn't mean i haven't seen you. :P

Comment

I agree with ya VITO, mostly because you said the drinks are on you next Thursday.........it is acctually one of the most common forms of death I have on some maps, and the kill cam clearly shows it.

I would love to see reflect damage turned on so most of those grenades will kill the guys who throw them
      [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
      [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
      [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Vacant sucks with grenades, it made me stop playing. It's basically watch the bombs hit you and try to dodge them!

Use a grenade all you want, but the spammings got to stop. They need to make it a perk to add grenades, that way I can enjoy my sniping in a map like strike without a random nade landing on my ass.

I NEVER throw a grenade, if I kill you with one it's yours or it's the fact I know where it's going. As for spamming, I did that once, when my KD was really low because I was being spammed by grenades, and wanted to show them how much it sucks. I actually got caught back up

Comment

Folks hate to die.

They hate: snipers, P90's, grenades, airstrikes, Helicopters, etc., etc., etc.....

The grenades are a part of the game, a large part, if they kill you, toss some of your own.

-- Cain

Comment

I would love to see it to where you can have either 2 hand grenades or 2 "special" grenades, or 2 M203 rounds, but not all of it at the same time.... it's a bit much. I've even lobed 2 203 rounds in the air before simply to see if it would work on a small map....AND IT DID! I'm sorry, but in real combat, you wouldn't be throwing random grenades around like that and I wish it would quit here, but I highly doubt it will.

BTW, I know that this isn't real combat, but dang it they modeled the weapons after the real ones (to an extent) and I would love it if they would do the same for grenades! I'm sorry but I can't stand it when there's a grenade that's a floor above me and goes off, AND KILLS ME IN THE PROCESS! Come on! It's a floor above me, i'd hear it sure, but unless the floor's where made out of only 2 bits of plywood and some 2x4's then it wouldn't go through. I'm also really sick of grenade blasts going THROUGH concrete walls!

And don't get me started in the M203 rounds.....
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I always make sure I throw my nades before I die... If I know I am going to die I will throw my nade first.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                Folks hate to die.

They hate: snipers, P90's, grenades, airstrikes, Helicopters, etc., etc., etc.....

The grenades are a part of the game, a large part, if they kill you, toss some of your own.

-- Cain

To true..... there is porbably people who hate the snowman in the new xmas level and everyone loves snowpeople.

But i love metradome (sp?) where you drop the gernade when you die. Ive loved it since the first time unlocked it. I dont care if other people use it, but its one of my favorite perks.
                Im not a big nade person but i do look at the map and will chuck if there is red dots. Im shocked no one has fussed about flashbangs. In bf2 people cried foul left and right about them. But then again there was vehicles (the root of all that is evil). But with almost 50 players, they could have sling shots and there would be slingshot spam flying everywhere.

Like in ut2k4 with mini guns and goo guns and link. Just shoot and hope for the best. best way to avoid nade spam is try and avoid common choke points. Usually the same spots on the same maps every time become a cluster and where ever there is a cluster there will be people nade`ing.

As far as last stand... most people dont like it because other players can get the kill. I dont like it because it slows your respawn down. I liked it in beta though for a few days. As soon as i die, im ready to respawn and last stand just takes to long for me. Thats why i like the drop a nade thing. Its cool seeing the guy who just knifed you dance around as he sees the nade on the ground.

To each their own though. But seeing yeah the +3 special perk +1 frag is kinda over kill for nades. Ive seen my share of people chuck, chuck,chuck,chuck.... though.

Comment

I just throw them and hope for the best But I love leaving my Xmas boom when I die

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                    I always know where i'm throwing my nades. Just because you don't see me it doesn't mean i haven't seen you. :P
                    +1

Comment

At least you guys don't have people hop in Spammers and Hellbenders and push your tank off of 200 foot cliffs because they are annoyed that you took "their" tank at spawn when they were halfway across the maps.

I'll take a bit of nade spam over that BS any day.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                        At least you guys don't have people hop in Spammers and Hellbenders and push your tank off of 200 foot cliffs because they are annoyed that you took "their" tank at spawn when they were halfway across the maps.

-Rand
                        Great point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}

-Rand
                          i'd take that bs over the nade spam personally. The tank can push back and takes quite a bit of force to really move it fast. Grenades you can't really push back, and most people hold them long enough for the nade to explode upon impact... which is crap as well! The mechanical train that is required for the grenade to function won't start it's countdown until the grenade it thrown (thus causing the crescent shaped handle to leave the grenade which is what holds the detonator in place)... But anyways...
                          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                            Folks hate to die.

-- Cain
                            as most of you know.....I have NO PROBLEM dying I still play this game like UT........ I will attack areas just like nodes !! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK !!

But guys throwing them clear across the map with NO IDEA where they land is ridiculous. There should be some type of limit or even EXTRA BONUS for the GOOD naders !! and deductions for the spammers.

I LIKE and UNDERSTAND the need for them, I wouldn't want mine taken away. But I throw them only when theres a GOOD CHANCE of getting me out of trouble.

and LIMEY thursday sounds good, I will PM you guys with DETAILS !!

Comment

I was irritated by the nade spam also but I figured that if you can't beat them you might as well join them. I can't wait to unlock the extra nades so I can throw more nades in the enemies general direction at the earliest possible moment so I don't die with any of them unused. I also love the martyrdom unlock even after throwing all the nades I spawned with I get that one extra nade to take someone with me.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X