Punkbuster Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punkbuster Error

AAArgh today afternoon patched it worked fine, and playing now it is kicking me because of punkbuster initialization.

Any ideas????

do you get in and it dumps you for a pb error? if so, reinstall pb. sounds like either pnkbstrA or pnkbstrB isn't being loaded for some reason.

Comment

Thanks I will try it when i get back home

Comment

new faroite

I have Tried to add Cains Lair to new Faroite IT sayes OK But NEW F. wonit Liteup...........so what do I DO?

Comment

You need to manually update your PB files.

PBsetup did not work for me, Limey, Darth and others..

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...=302098#302098

Comment

I'm wondering if this is a Vista issue. I also tried setting the PB executables to 'Run As Administrator'.
            I tried the autoupdater yet again, so I'll try and log in to the 2nd server in about 15 minutes here.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

The PBSetup worked to install the PB Services, but many of us still got kicked for PB Errors once connected to one of my servers and shooting someone.

Go to my sticky above and manually download and install those three files, and you will be good to go ..

Comment

Got on the HQ server (of course), but TDM is full yet again. I at least have the PB issues squared away for now. Is there ever a time when it isn't full ??

And FFS, take a clue from TF2 and make the browser a bit better interface, as this crappy abomination doesn't allow you to join the game when a spot opens up. I am spoiled from the elegance of the TF2 options, so this COD4 stuff looks like an old school rehash of the UT2k3 browser.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Dude, have you read any of the stickys at the top of this Forum ???

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=24809

Comment

Of course I've read them, and faved BOTH servers. My point is, I can't just set the game to auto-join when a spot opens up .. its all manually done which I find terribly annoying.

Comment

I agree.

BY FAR the best system for this is the HL2 system. I guess the other game mfgs don't realize people like to play on one or two favorite servers, and they do not wish to go elsewhere.

Be sure to do that "reconnect" trick for COD4, it works great.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X