PDA

View Full Version : tired of battlefield

gti420
22nd Dec 2007, 01:28 PM
I didn't tihnk it would happen but I'm tired of battlefield. I'm not a big fan of COD4, TF2, UT3 etc .... those aren't the types of games I really like. Any ideas of battlefield similar games?

xGoblin013x
22nd Dec 2007, 06:37 PM
Battlefield Bad Company is the only thing I can think of...
It is supposed to come out March 24th 2008. Start counting down

Other than that, there's not many reputable games.

gti420
22nd Dec 2007, 11:43 PM
yeah I'll checlk it out. I asked for COD4 for x-mas so I can have at least something different then battlefield to play

MIII3
24th Dec 2007, 07:04 PM
its a bit boring now

Dead_And_Gone
27th Dec 2007, 06:12 AM
There are new releases coming soon.

Will see what comes down the pipe. :2thumbs:

Ghost_Rain
27th Dec 2007, 06:18 AM
You have a second Add on pack come for BF2142 but as for me I done with the game.

gti420
31st Dec 2007, 06:44 PM
Well, I got COD4, and I hated it at first but I started playing in servers with ~20 people and it's a blast. It's just when they get so full like our server, the nade spam really ruins the game for me. I'm happy now.

Ghost_Rain
1st Jan 2008, 03:53 AM
Face it BF2142 is Dead

gti420
1st Jan 2008, 04:24 AM
Face it BF2142 is Dead

i wouldn't say that, just for cains. I still like to get on 2142 and fly aorund. I play about evenly, I'm just trying to get my skill level up in COD4 so I can compete in cain's server. I'm stuck on smaller servers now until I can get a better grasp of the game to now just get pwned.

juneau
1st Jan 2008, 08:37 AM
Hope to see you soon GTI. :2thumbs:

Rand{CLR}
1st Jan 2008, 09:29 AM
Face it BF2142 is Dead

i wouldn't say that, just for cains. I still like to get on 2142 and fly aorund. I play about evenly, I'm just trying to get my skill level up in COD4 so I can compete in cain's server. I'm stuck on smaller servers now until I can get a better grasp of the game to now just get pwned.

Just jump in and get owned anyway. Part of the fun and experience is learning on the fly in Cain's server, not trying to get good elsewhere first. :P

-Rand

FieryDragon
2nd Jan 2008, 05:51 PM
yeah i just jumped on and got PWNED for the first...hmmm...30 rounds and now I do really welland sometime better than the usual lvl 55 ppl there. I'm geting close to catching up with them too. I only use like 3 guns so far so I have alot to learn but I'm on my way and I still have to play the SP!

As for 2142...I'll get on tonight and see if I still have what it takes to own a whole server again, or at least the top 3.

Clear Black
2nd Jan 2008, 09:12 PM
Frontlines is supposed to be released sometime in early 08. Might even be Jan/Feb. Its said to be very similar to the battlefield series.

Dead_And_Gone
3rd Jan 2008, 04:27 AM
I'm fine with playing 2142 if anyone Hits me up on Xfire or such. :D

I got owned for MANY rounds on COD4 when it first came out. That is why
my K/D ratio is taking forever to get up to 1:1, because i was thrashed
often and repeatedly. Then Cain started COD4, and I got thrashed there
too. :twisted:

Now I can generally break even or do well when I'm "On".
I suck when my reactions are a little slow. :wink:

So come play on Cain's server. You can kill me anytime buddy, as
i'm usually a bullet magnet. :D

gti420
3rd Jan 2008, 04:47 AM
man I'll be in the server ASAP, I posted a thread in the pic forum about what I've been doing lately. The past few days have been non-stop work out in my garage, and I suspect it isn't going to stop for a couple more days

Dead_And_Gone
4th Jan 2008, 05:10 AM
Yeah GT... Saw your engine work. :2thumbs: I HATE working on cars in the cold.
:twisted:

GeneralSnake
8th Jan 2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry to bump, but how high did you manage to climb in the gunship ladder gti?
I played with you about 3 weeks ago or something, a few days after my discharge, and you said something about being really high. lol. dual meanings are so funny sometimes.

Grisu
9th Jan 2008, 03:40 PM
Have you tested this free mod for bf2142? http://www.fsmod.com/eu/

gti420
10th Jan 2008, 02:10 AM
Sorry to bump, but how high did you manage to climb in the gunship ladder gti?
I played with you about 3 weeks ago or something, a few days after my discharge, and you said something about being really high. lol. dual meanings are so funny sometimes.

Man when you were here I would always try and gun for ya, but then after you left I got pissed gunning for people who sucked so I just ended up flying a lot .... I got like 300 hours in the gunship ... ended up flying for DeathDe@ler whenever he was online and we would wreck mad shop.

gti420
10th Jan 2008, 02:15 AM
I did play a bit of first strike ... and I'm a big star wars fan as well ... but something about it just didn't grab me like I hoped it would.

Dead_And_Gone
10th Jan 2008, 06:08 AM
I'll fly or gun with anyone, errrr.. or at least give it a go. :2thumbs:

Now that COD4 server is maxed out most of the time, I'm game for
SOMETHING. :D

GeneralSnake
10th Jan 2008, 10:41 AM
I am thinking of getting a laptop in a few months. Hopefully I can and will be able to play again, this computer is my uncles and it is not for gaming at all.

GeneralSnake
10th Jan 2008, 10:43 AM
Sorry for double, but, gti, you were damn good when I played in early december. I kept trying to fly against you and I only shot you down once, and you got me like 15 times. You got a LOT better in the short time I was gone.