LMG's Nerfed? Ganz ROCKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMG's Nerfed? Ganz ROCKS?

Lots of complaints going around that the LMG's are totally hozzed.
    Shake, Rattle and Roll, and accuracy has gone south, even when croached and prone. Cone takes longer to tighten, and never achieves the accuracy of pre-patch 1.25.

LMG's used to be run and gun viable, and a sniper's worse nightmare. Now it appears they are actually put in a Machine gun SUPPORT category, rather than the toe-toe winners of 1v1 vs Voss/Assault kits. Suppressive fire, area denial, ammo supplier, those are what Today's machine gunners are. Guess EA wanted the class to be more like support instead of an unlimited ammo assault pawner at all ranges.

Ganz on the other hand seems to be almost superior choice now after 1.25 when compared to the LMGs. It seems to settle as "fast" as the LMGs so it isn't inferior on that department anymore, and it has always had alot of kick that you had to compensate for. When using a more stationary style (Croaching or Prone) it shines because:

1. It doesn't seem to overheat so easily after shooting to the point where it gets accurate.

2. It does more damage per bullet and has a slower rate of fire so shooting accurate bursts with it is much easier and efficient.

3. It can get a tighter cone of fire than the LMGs.

So Ganz was basically ignored for most people, but now it is actually superior to the LMG's when croaching or prone. Once the aiming circle tightens, short bursts (That Really hurt with those heavy bullets) will kill but not go into overheating.

Ganz is a viable killer in TiTan due to the short ranges, and actually might be as usefull as the Shotty. You think?

So with the LMG's nerfed, are people going to try out the GANZ, or ditch Support for other kits now?

(Always had trouble getting resupplied on TiTan server, so is this just going to make it more difficult because people are changing kits?)

Opinions?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    ??Click me to donate??

i was playing support last night and did not see much of a difference with the stock guns versus the ganz all i know is i couldnt hit a titan with a ganz while standing on it

Comment

i just owned half of a CLR Squad with a ganz last night, that says alot in its self right there

Comment

lmg won't shoot through fences for squat now, but the ganz will

that irks me. i love my lmg.

Comment

I have mostly used the Clark for support. When I needed a mg I always chose the Ganz. Short burst at long and medium range works quite well.
          Apache
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I cut my teeth on the LMG... Was very forgiving for a newby...

I have Ganz unlocked, but have really not played it much since it got buffed a little on previous patch... Playing too much engy really.

Having LMG nerfed seems almost blasphemy... But EA in their infinite wisdom has decided to "Fix" things..

All guns should have deflections built in for fences. If the GANZ is able to shoot through the fences without big deviations, it will be head and shoulders over all other weapons.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I use the Ganz and the Clark and I don't notice any diference. I still prefer the Calrk for running around the titan.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I love the Ganz. It takes some getting use to after the other guns but once you do you'll love it...I do. I'm glad about the new change, it was unfair that the regular support guns narrowed their firing cones so much faster.

Comment

And im fine if less people are support, more ressuplies points for me

Comment

it SHOULD make for more points/awards for whomever is support...
                    Now, come over to MY squad..
                    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I'm still a LMG addict. It took a little adjust on my shooting style to adapt to the increased recoil but I've gotten used to it now. Depending on the support role I'm doing, I will use the Ganz when the situation calls for it (Titan defense) but still use the LMG mostly.

Comment

The LMG's have definitely lost usefulness, and the ganz is only useful in certain situations. The Support class in general will suffer because of this. Many of you uber pwners will probably run out of ammo more often now as a result. However, I'm currently working in this class for the badges it offers down the road, so if you need an ammo crate, find me.

Comment

Originally posted by Runaway_Jim
                          I'm still a LMG addict. It took a little adjust on my shooting style to adapt to the increased recoil but I've gotten used to it now. Depending on the support role I'm doing, I will use the Ganz when the situation calls for it (Titan defense) but still use the LMG mostly.
                          You definantly have! You owned with it a few nights ago when I couldn't shoot for squat, so now I'm using the Clark & once I unlock the Ganz, the you guessed it, the Ganz!

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik
                            Originally posted by Runaway_Jim
                            You definantly have! You owned with it a few nights ago when I couldn't shoot for squat, so now I'm using the Clark & once I unlock the Ganz, the you guessed it, the Ganz!
                            For some reason, I just can't get a handle on the Clark. If you see me with one, just point and laugh... totally useless with it. I guess I just don't have that 'Dick Cheney' inspiration!

Comment

The Clark is best for up close and personal. Titan defense or attack are the best uses of it.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X