PDA

View Full Version : LMG's Nerfed? Ganz ROCKS?

Dead_And_Gone
1st May 2007, 07:00 AM
Lots of complaints going around that the LMG's are totally hozzed.
Shake, Rattle and Roll, and accuracy has gone south, even when croached and prone. Cone takes longer to tighten, and never achieves the accuracy of pre-patch 1.25.

LMG's used to be run and gun viable, and a sniper's worse nightmare. Now it appears they are actually put in a Machine gun SUPPORT category, rather than the toe-toe winners of 1v1 vs Voss/Assault kits. Suppressive fire, area denial, ammo supplier, those are what Today's machine gunners are. Guess EA wanted the class to be more like support instead of an unlimited ammo assault pawner at all ranges.

Ganz on the other hand seems to be almost superior choice now after 1.25 when compared to the LMGs. It seems to settle as "fast" as the LMGs so it isn't inferior on that department anymore, and it has always had alot of kick that you had to compensate for. When using a more stationary style (Croaching or Prone) it shines because:

1. It doesn't seem to overheat so easily after shooting to the point where it gets accurate.

2. It does more damage per bullet and has a slower rate of fire so shooting accurate bursts with it is much easier and efficient.

3. It can get a tighter cone of fire than the LMGs.

So Ganz was basically ignored for most people, but now it is actually superior to the LMG's when croaching or prone. Once the aiming circle tightens, short bursts (That Really hurt with those heavy bullets) will kill but not go into overheating.

Ganz is a viable killer in TiTan due to the short ranges, and actually might be as usefull as the Shotty. You think?

So with the LMG's nerfed, are people going to try out the GANZ, or ditch Support for other kits now?

(Always had trouble getting resupplied on TiTan server, so is this just going to make it more difficult because people are changing kits?)

Opinions?

DennisM7
1st May 2007, 07:13 AM
i was playing support last night and did not see much of a difference with the stock guns versus the ganz all i know is i couldnt hit a titan with a ganz while standing on it

Smoking
1st May 2007, 07:31 AM
i just owned half of a CLR Squad with a ganz last night, that says alot in its self right there :o

darth_nevus
1st May 2007, 08:04 AM
lmg won't shoot through fences for squat now, but the ganz will :?

that irks me. i love my lmg.

Apache Warrior
1st May 2007, 08:29 AM
I have mostly used the Clark for support. When I needed a mg I always chose the Ganz. :? Short burst at long and medium range works quite well.
Apache
Apache

Dead_And_Gone
1st May 2007, 08:35 AM
I cut my teeth on the LMG... Was very forgiving for a newby...

I have Ganz unlocked, but have really not played it much since it got buffed a little on previous patch... Playing too much engy really.

Having LMG nerfed seems almost blasphemy... But EA in their infinite wisdom has decided to "Fix" things..

All guns should have deflections built in for fences. If the GANZ is able to shoot through the fences without big deviations, it will be head and shoulders over all other weapons. :2thumbs:

Duke{CLR}
1st May 2007, 08:35 AM
I use the Ganz and the Clark and I don't notice any diference. I still prefer the Calrk for running around the titan.

Rubixcube
1st May 2007, 08:42 AM
I love the Ganz. It takes some getting use to after the other guns but once you do you'll love it...I do. I'm glad about the new change, it was unfair that the regular support guns narrowed their firing cones so much faster.

Rubixcube
1st May 2007, 08:43 AM
And im fine if less people are support, more ressuplies points for me :2thumbs:

Dead_And_Gone
1st May 2007, 08:52 AM
it SHOULD make for more points/awards for whomever is support...
Now, come over to MY squad.. :)

Runaway_Jim
1st May 2007, 09:09 AM
I'm still a LMG addict. It took a little adjust on my shooting style to adapt to the increased recoil but I've gotten used to it now. Depending on the support role I'm doing, I will use the Ganz when the situation calls for it (Titan defense) but still use the LMG mostly.

Storm_Shadow
1st May 2007, 11:56 AM
The LMG's have definitely lost usefulness, and the ganz is only useful in certain situations. The Support class in general will suffer because of this. Many of you uber pwners will probably run out of ammo more often now as a result. However, I'm currently working in this class for the badges it offers down the road, so if you need an ammo crate, find me. :)

{CLR} Naillik
1st May 2007, 12:00 PM
I'm still a LMG addict. It took a little adjust on my shooting style to adapt to the increased recoil but I've gotten used to it now. Depending on the support role I'm doing, I will use the Ganz when the situation calls for it (Titan defense) but still use the LMG mostly.
You definantly have! You owned with it a few nights ago when I couldn't shoot for squat, so now I'm using the Clark & once I unlock the Ganz, the you guessed it, the Ganz! :D

Runaway_Jim
1st May 2007, 12:05 PM
You definantly have! You owned with it a few nights ago when I couldn't shoot for squat, so now I'm using the Clark & once I unlock the Ganz, the you guessed it, the Ganz! :D

For some reason, I just can't get a handle on the Clark. If you see me with one, just point and laugh... totally useless with it. I guess I just don't have that 'Dick Cheney' inspiration!

Apache Warrior
1st May 2007, 12:07 PM
The Clark is best for up close and personal. Titan defense or attack are the best uses of it.
Apache

LIMEY
1st May 2007, 12:12 PM
Clark Shottie FTW! :2thumbs:

CarbonFire
1st May 2007, 01:14 PM
The Clark is best for up close and personal. Titan defense or attack are the best uses of it.
Apache

Yup. Or close quarters maps like Cerbere Landing, Camp G or Tunis Harbor.

After playing with the new LMG for a bit, I can see the reason why they did it. While I think the effect is a still a little exaggerated, the overall effect can still be mostly compensated for, and makes the upgraded Ganz a marginally worthwhile upgrade (vs totally outclassed). IMO, something akin to this should have been done from the beginning. Seems like a better overall balance, though again, I think a little less shake would be a good compromise.

I did notice the effect is more exaggerated with lag, so YMMV, especially on the Titans :shock:

Runaway_Jim
1st May 2007, 01:20 PM
From a thread about this on Totalbf2142 forums.

[DICE]CKMC
Digital Illusions CE

Hi Guys
We are looking into the left to right shake. There was no direct effort to nerf the LMG's but to only level the playing field between them (without lowering that field overall).

Looks like the Dice guys didn't plan to do this... may be reverted in a future patch?

CarbonFire
1st May 2007, 02:03 PM

[DICE]CKMC
Digital Illusions CE

Hi Guys
We are looking into the left to right shake. There was no direct effort to nerf the LMG's but to only level the playing field between them (without lowering that field overall).

Looks like the Dice guys didn't plan to do this... may be reverted in a future patch?

Lol....GG patch testing :roll:

How would they miss this? It's not exactly subtle.

Storm_Shadow
1st May 2007, 02:06 PM

[DICE]CKMC
Digital Illusions CE

Hi Guys

... So, how do you spell M-O-R-O-N again? :roll:
Oh yeah! D-I-C-E. :D (Seriously, how do they not notice these things before releasing a patch?! Absolutely incredible)

Rand{CLR}
1st May 2007, 02:17 PM
I wish I could use the Clark. I lag too badly on Titan to even consider using the thing. :cry:

-Rand

Storm_Shadow
1st May 2007, 04:35 PM
I wish I could use the Clark. I lag too badly on Titan to even consider using the thing. :cry:

-Rand
You're too laggy to use the Clark on Titan?! :shock:
Well, that's NOTHING! I'm so laggy on Titan that even my Sentry Gun can't hit jack!!! :cry:
:D

Alley_Viper
1st May 2007, 06:31 PM
I started using the Ganz a couple months ago and really noticed a difference in accuracy with this last patch. The LMG at any kind of distance is nasty. Using short bursts with the Gang I can get some nice hits on a single person at a good distance. Trying to unload on a squad at a distance, forget it. Maybe I just need some more practice with it, but it is seriously depressing when 3 or 4 people are across a street and you smile, unload, and frown because out of 60 rounds you got 2 hits and they are launching rockets at you. :oops:

killa_zn
1st May 2007, 06:41 PM

-Rand
You're too laggy to use the Clark on Titan?! :shock:
Well, that's NOTHING! I'm so laggy on Titan that even my Sentry Gun can't hit jack!!! :cry:
:D
if ur sentry cant hit jack? thats the only way i can get a kill!

Dead_And_Gone
2nd May 2007, 04:08 AM
Ganz was made to be used croached or prone. Definitely makes the cone shrink faster to me. Since I get rather laggy inside the TiTan, I figure why NOT try the GANZ out. Maybe someone will be my friend and run into that stream of heavy bullets just to make me happy. ROFL

Just think of the Ganz in support as the Baur is for Assault. Both are NOT immediately a pawnage makers, as both require practice before they can be utilized to their full extent. Hence the Baur isn't used NEARLY as much as the VOSS.

At least now the GANZ will actually BE an upgrade. With the accuracy buff on the previous patch, and the Nerf of the LMG's, the GANZ actually has an edge over the standard guns. WOOT !!! I got the GANZ to get the IDS-1 upgrade, but will give the GANZ a go next time I assault or defend the TiTan. :)

Alley_Viper
2nd May 2007, 04:35 AM
Hehe I use the BAUR as my main assault weapon since I can get some really nice distance shots with it, and I love the rocket vs. sniper hiding behind a wall advantage.

Dead_And_Gone
2nd May 2007, 07:28 AM
Used Baur couple days ago, and WOW I'm rusty with it...

Here is latest DICE man's comments about the Ganz.

The Ganz settles just as fast as the other LMGs. It also takes longer to over heat, cools down quicker, and is more accurate at its best accuracy than the other LMGs.

The real difference between the LMGs and the Ganz is playstyle. If you run and gun, you probably don't aim down the sights very often. When firing from the hip, the LMGs are at an advantage over the Ganz. The reverse is true when the guns are aimed down the sights.
Simply because of the rate of fire from the LMG's is so much higher I'm thinking, making it a tad better on strafing.