PDA

View Full Version : Start menu issues...



Sgt.Huitt
24th Dec 2007, 10:54 PM
Okay, so like two hours ago I restarted my computer.. (Note this computer is new and doesn't even have 20 hours on it yet.) I am not a software nerd, I'm more of a hardware type. Here is a picture showing my issue..
http://i14.tinypic.com/6jvbhbs.jpg

How do I get rid of that extra space?

Sgt.Huitt
24th Dec 2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry for double posting (Can't edit.)

I don't know how to resize images without downgrading the quality. Soz.

Sirex
24th Dec 2007, 11:57 PM
http://www.sirex.me.uk/imagehost/pics/17eb430b-a733-49d1.jpg

Right click the OPENED start menu, select the only option that appears...
press customize (circled)
change icon size to your fitting (arrows)
change the number of 'past' used icons to show (circled)
small icons + low number = smaller

My start menu is tall cos i got a lot of pinned icons

Sgt.Huitt
25th Dec 2007, 01:15 AM
Sweet deal, it worked. Thanks

Sirex
25th Dec 2007, 01:23 AM
Glad it worked :D

Anything else just ask, 99% of the time someone has an answer and the other 1% someone has an answer which leads to fixing it :D