Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frostbite 2 engine real-time radiosity

Ok, Frostbite 2.0 impress me so far.

A presentation by Per Einarsson from DICE and Sam Martin from Geomarics. The presentation focuses on the implementation and use of Enlighten, a middleware toolkit for computing real-time radiosity from Geomarics. It demonstrates how the technology is used by its integration into the Frostbite 2 game engine. It demonstrates how the workflow, content pipelines and run-time systems are greatly increased with the help of Enlighten to achieve real-time radiosity for use in video games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXVF7q035Y&hd=1

Comment

intresting tech info

http://bps10.idav.ucdavis.edu/talks/...GGRAPH2010.pdf

Comment

What are you biting your nipples about? This is how all engines work. The only difference is this one is gonna have 3000 bugs over its competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          What are you biting your nipples about? This is how all engines work. The only difference is this one is gonna have 3000 bugs over its competitors.
          Stop being a Debbie Downer

Comment

Unfortunately I agree with phant on this one Dice has had enough problems in the past they should fix those before trying a new engine

Comment

lmao first time I've seen those Debbie Downer skits
              [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

lol what? I have never heard that expression before, but it gave me very funny thoughts. I imagined someone waiting in line at a gamestop or some videogame store, with their shirt lifted up, GNAWING on their nipples out of excitement(or insanity). Thanks Phantom. Is this something out of Ren & Stimpy or what?
                bc2 or vietnam, the lighting never changes, even in the buildings, not one of them has a real light inside of it, if any. I hope there is a day/night cycle, atleast some extent of it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X