Any fans of Ghost in the Shell... Here is a mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any fans of Ghost in the Shell... Here is a mission

Hello I must admit this is probably because I haven't been sleeping well but I just had an idea after watching Ghost in the Shell... Its an episode taking place in a chatroom where there is a central table and you have two options to enter... chat which gives you a seat at the table... and spectate which seats you in the circular bleachers around it. I was wondering if maybe setting up a chat client like this would be possible with a little tweak to UT2004. I was wondering if anyone would like to attempt creating this with me. The people on the floor would have to have mics and the spectators can comment to a chatter with a see through window to the right and the camera is fix in 5 different angles and also has a floating option..> I though UT2004 would be easy to modify to this that way skins would be personalized etc. So who is brave enough to take on this mission... or is it a waste of time?
    Brave enough to take it on?
    0%
    A waste of time.
    0%
    Need more details.
    0%
    Not my bag of tricks.
    0%

I'm a huge GITS fan; unfortunately I lack the UT programming skills to make it happen. That would be a cool thing to mess around with. I wouldn?t be surprised if we see something like that mainstream ie: aol or IRC in the next 2 years. Computer Associates has a 3d avatar chat type client they were pitching to businesses. I was in one of their branches a few years ago and caught a preview of it. I remember it looking cool then; I can only imagine what it looks like today.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

seriously need more details to see exactly what part of ghost in the shell you are talking about.
      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Interesting concept. I too lack the programming knowledge to help you, but it does sound like a neat idea.

Comment

I'm refering to Ghost in the Shell stand alone complex episode 09

If you just watch the episode you will know what i'm talking about. Adult swims website also has details on the episode. But what it requires is making floor for active users and stands for inactive/ non mic users. The people who have mics sit on the floor for the chat and can control cameras while talking. I am trying to think of details I've left out and I'm not really sure what more you could want... What details do you need. I'll supply them.

Comment

anyone read the manga Berzerk? becuase if you havent your missingout.

www.skullknight.net

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X