Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps

DICE member Daniel Matros popped into the official EA UK forums where he confirmed that the 4 maps included on the Back to Karkand DLC would be:

* Strike at Karkand
    * Wake Island
    * Gulf of Oman
    * Sharqi Peninsula

Which isn?t surprising, as these maps were some of the most popular in Battlefield 2. Another map that would have been interesting to see is Mashtuur City ? another popular urban map. When Matros was asked whether we?ll see more BF2 maps remade, he made a ?no comment? comment.

An interesting note is that since Wake Island is included, there?s a chance the Chinese faction might be back in BF3, as the BF2 Wake Island map featured the USMC and Chinese forces pitted against each other.

What do you think? What other BF2 maps would you love to see in BF3?

They all look good to me and the only other one that I liked was the Special Forces map with the mosque in it.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I think that map pack is perfect...those were the best maps of BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
        I think that map pack is perfect...those were the best maps of BF2

Comment

And you know Cain is going to be defending or attacking the TV Station on Sharqi.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I.... WANT.... MY...... ZIP..... LINES!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Taking a second look at the maps I'll have to agree with Cain that they should have included Mashtuur City. I'd swap that one in and take Gulf of Oman out.

Hopefully they'll make more in the future and the first one we see is Mashtuur City.

Comment

getting onshore on Wake Island was always a challenge and fun when you got a foothold and captured your first base.

Comment

I loved Wake island....with the new engine and look of gameplay, it will be an insane map

Comment

The problem with Mashtuur is that it could be quite one-sided. If you got a decent squad in the blackhawk the US team would dominate the map.

I would like to see some of the SF maps, especially the night ones. I'd like some of the SF goodies too, like night vision and zip lines...
                    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                      The problem with Mashtuur is that it could be quite one-sided. If you got a decent squad in the blackhawk the US team would dominate the map.

that was true until they nerfed the Blackhawk then it stopped being an issue

Comment

Soooooooo this is going to be 15 bucks after release? Because I don't like pre-ordering. And one thing, I don't see how Paid DLC will work out on dedicated servers. Makes little sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                          After the nerf the blackhawk was worthless...
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                            I would like to see some of the SF maps, especially the night ones. I'd like some of the SF goodies too, like night vision and zip lines...
                            also the grappel hook, i like it and maps like ghost town or warlord, those were pretty good in sf

btw i do like masturr city more than gulf of oman
                            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                              They had to nerf it. Before that if you had two engineers healing the Blackhawk, it could not be shot down.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X