AMD cpu 939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD cpu 939

Anyone have a amd 939 cpu for sale? I have the 3500+ Just thought I would see if anyone had x2 or something better than the 3500+ That they wanted to sell for cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103222

That's cheap.

Comment

Try Ebay mate the are so cheap on there now.

Comment

The dual core chip is the way to go. When you aren't even spending $50 on it, thats cheap ! My Opteron 165 (ie-X2 3800+) cost $260 two years ago and I was thinking I got a GREAT deal at the time.
        It stinks you have to continue to pour money into the aged S939 setup, but in your case that beats the full bore upgrade alternative.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I also have that 939 (3500+, in fact).

I know that dual core is cheap, but it's only a 3600+, so each core isn't going to run any faster. How well does Windows XP and games (like COD4) actually take advantage of the dual core? Since each core is not really that much faster than my current CPU, would I really notice a difference?

I guess there just aren't that many 393 options, the other is a 4000+ for $66 or an Opteron, starting at $170.

I think I'll deal with my 3500+ for now, it's on the slow side, but since I've only got a 7600GT, I doubt it's the processor that's slowing me down. I'll probably upgrade both around next summer when prices on the 8800 drop.

Comment

At least go for a x2 4600+ or you won't notice any difference.
            Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
              To the both of you, truthfully, Grisu is 100% correct. and with the 7600gt, its not all together too powerful. if you are planning on building a new rig in a few months, my vote is save money and wait until then. the new 45nm intel processors are proving to pack about the same whallop to even their own 65nm precursers as the c2d chips did to amd when they came out.

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                Originally posted by Grisu
                To the both of you, truthfully, Grisu is 100% correct. and with the 7600gt, its not all together too powerful. if you are planning on building a new rig in a few months, my vote is save money and wait until then. the new 45nm intel processors are proving to pack about the same whallop to even their own 65nm precursers as the c2d chips did to amd when they came out.
                +1. The new Intel CPU's have been delayed... by how long, who knows. I'd say they should be out in big quantities by Q2.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm going to hold off upgrades until the 45nm chips are out. I'm actually not an early adopter at all, but I expect the 45nm chips will drive the prices down on the earlier c2d chips... Hopefully ati/nvidia will have the next card out too, so I can pick up a 8800

Comment

2q starts in march/April for most companies so hold off till then. intel isn't doing it because low chip counts, but instead because they don't need to. nothing competes with what they have.

*rumor mill* end of 1q/2q the new 9x00 nvidia cards will be out. i can't wait to see how this will get confused with the old ati cards

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X