RDX-ing top of Titan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDX-ing top of Titan

I usually head up towards the top of the titan and drop some RDX and wait for them to spawn or chase them and drop it once they've spawned. For some reason someone felt like telling me they thought it was camping, so I figured I'd see what you guys thought.

KJ
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    If done Repeatedly
    0%

If its done in defense its not camping at all. What do they think RDX is just for blowing up consoles and sticking on the front of FAV's to butt ram tanks?

But lets say you find a squad Beacon and deside to plant RDX and APM's around the beacon just to get the kills without killing the beacon then in my mind thats camping in a way. So my Real answer is maybe it kind of depends on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoking
      If its done in defense its not camping at all. What do they think RDX is just for blowing up consoles and sticking on the front of FAV's to butt ram tanks?

But lets say you find a squad Beacon and deside to plant RDX and APM's around the beacon just to get the kills without killing the beacon then in my mind thats camping in a way. So my Real answer is maybe it kind of depends on the situation.
      That was the "If done Repeatedly" option. and I tried to destroy beacon first, of course, but it wouldnt. When I see a pod coming down after I've already killed the person 10 times I'm not going to run away and let them still attack the titan, I'm going to kill them

Comment

Couple of things:

In objective-based games, there is NO "camping" as long as you are doing something that advances the objective. If your task is to defend, well then you are defending.

On the Titan, spawn beacons are often indestructible. So you can't usually remove a spawn point in this case, but you CAN suppress it. If someone keeps spawning on the same spawn beacon and keeps getting killed, its their own decision that is getting them killed, not your RDX/shotty/whatever. There is no "right to spawn" anywhere on the map except for uncappables, and as such, you always have to be wary not to spawn into death if you can help it. If you KNOW there is RDX waiting for you when you land, then you can either go somewhere else, or just accept that you will keep dying.

Generally though if I can remove an enemy spawn point, I usually do so. Remember, in Titan mode, kills are next to meaningless...spawn points are everything. In conquest, guard your life and be very careful where you spawn, because your death is the enemies only objective.

Comment

thanks carbon, thats the exact answer I was looking for

Comment

There is no such thing as "Camping a beacon"
            If you keep dying, DON'T SPAWN THERE!!!
            Is using a gunship gun or transport gun to mow down the people podding in considered an "illicit tactic"?
            NO!
            So keep RDX-ing their asses off

Comment

Posted wrong. Meant no. I just hate rdx jumpers.
              [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre
                I think Massacres vote should be considered null and void because he hates me.

hahaha jp

Comment

ill camp any beacon with my knife

Comment

Originally posted by minfootball
                    ill camp any beacon with my knife

Spawn beacon camping is viable as hell. I look at it from a sort of roleplaying point of veiw. It's a war. Soldiers are actually podding in from a location marked by an ingame item. (As opposed to uncap raping, killing guys as the spawn in due to a nessecity of game mechanics.) If the Sqaud leader doesnt wanna warn his buddies about another squad camping the beacon, oh wells, too bad for them. :P i don't do it, not out of morality or some nonsense. just makes you an easy target.

RDX in titans for the win. RDX use is fair game IMO as long as your not making roadside bombs outta your won vehicals or Jihadding with it.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre
                      +1

However I think it's camping. They can't control the beacon (well I guess you can but .00000000000001% of the players actually know how to do it), and you can't destroy it. Therefore, inorder to use their asset they have to somehow get VERY lucky and kill you or just leave it there.

Any form of camping is a cowards tactic in my opinion

Comment

get your weapon and fight!!!
                        RDX is for vehicles guns and knifes for infantry... that's the way i see it

PS: i hate RDX jumpers too

Comment

I hate rdx... but from time to time as recon i`m using rdx... just 4 or 5 time only...

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                            Couple of things:

In objective-based games, there is NO "camping" as long as you are doing something that advances the objective. If your task is to defend, well then you are defending.

On the Titan, spawn beacons are often indestructible. So you can't usually remove a spawn point in this case, but you CAN suppress it. If someone keeps spawning on the same spawn beacon and keeps getting killed, its their own decision that is getting them killed, not your RDX/shotty/whatever. There is no "right to spawn" anywhere on the map except for uncappables, and as such, you always have to be wary not to spawn into death if you can help it. If you KNOW there is RDX waiting for you when you land, then you can either go somewhere else, or just accept that you will keep dying.

Generally though if I can remove an enemy spawn point, I usually do so. Remember, in Titan mode, kills are next to meaningless...spawn points are everything. In conquest, guard your life and be very careful where you spawn, because your death is the enemies only objective.

I am with Carbon on this, there is no such thing as camping when in war. You use the tactics afforded to you to win. I have set spawn beacons on the top of titans before and had to tell my squad that the LZ was hot and not to use the SB after I died a few times but it is ultimately their choice if they continue. When you are in a defensive stance you use what you have to best defend the titan, which is this case is RDX, APMs, or anything else you have handy. There is not such thing as camping, just people who try to get you to stop doing what you are doing.

Comment

I love RDX, I think I'm like top 500 in the world now

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X