Has anyone noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone noticed

there seem to be a lot of people wearing the clr tag that have posted very few times or never...
    i havent seen them acting bad at all but it just seems a little awkward that they dont show up on the forums but wear the tag...
    the three ive found and knifed so far are
    StillTrooper
    KamilFox
    ShirleyTemple

and there was another that i havent even seen here on the member list

maybe admins should grant the clr status to people or something because i feel that the tag will be taken lightly if so easily worn...
    Admins should grant it
    0%
    Allow whoever
    0%
    I dont care
    0%
    Should be earned, and at least introduce themselves in the forums
    0%

STilltrooper and kamilfox visit every once in awhile, but I've never seen shirely temple...

Comment

i have also seen a few that i dont recognize from b4 but i have also started playing a month/half ago. so they probably from back then or from bf2 but as long as they know the rule n follow it the way it is. it should be fine but also its good to post on the forums and let people know who u are. so u wont be a stranger ingame n here. and to my vote, i cant vote any because allowing admins to tag people, its like having a clan recruiter n they tagging up people. i just dont see it right like that.. allow whoever? no way. first they gotta go by the rules then they could could wear the tag. and i do care about this community that why im replying to this.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

stilltrooper is bob

Comment

A server that has been my home for the past 4 years or so would call them ?regs? or regulars. They are granted the ?reg? tag to where in front of there names. You can not have it unless you?re voted in to the group. Only the 4 levels of admin can vote for new ?regs?.

Now there have been other groups that dint need admins votes, such as OTC and the A-Team. New players are going to wear CLR to fit in while trying to fell like a part of the community. Others will wear it with pride because they fell they have earned it.

I?m not voting because im new here. Just some things to think about.

Comment

Added another option: "Should be earned."

MCA

Comment

ive seen alot that ive never seen lately

shirley temple just added it on his ir her name yester day i think

Comment

I have seen all three on and quite regularly. Some people only play for short times or at odd hours and this can make it difficult to recognize everyone. Just because someone does not post doesn't mean they aren't on the forums. There are a lot of people who lurk for a long time before they ever post. I was one and now you can not shut me up.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

You wont find a more straight up player than StillTrooper, I'll happily squad with him any day of the week and he has been on the server for quite some time.

Again, as others have said, many ppl lurk in the forums and dont post (ghosting) and they are welcome to do that. This is not a clan, but it is regularly patroled/scrubbbed down by admins and they do a pretty good job from what I have seen. Remember the opening page of this website says all are welcome if they follow the rules. And the rules sticky thread highlites what it is to be a CLR and the standards that apply. A CLR is held to a higher standard and can get banned quicker than a normal asshat because they are representing all of us and how we play. PPl who put on the tag are joining the community and would like to be part of us, so I give the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

Tiger_Shilone

Comment

ya im a ghoster...im checkin forums everyday, but i rarely post...but i know whats goin on though... i luv clr but i cant jus cant throw on some tags, i fell as if i need to earn them!

Comment

I know that they don't seem to post on the forums but they have all been playing religiously on the servers for a while now, not to mention they are pretty good players to boot, well StillTrooper and ShirleyTemple anyway, not to sure about KamilFox. I have seen him around but not as much as the other two.
                      Actually ShilreyTemple has been a thorn in my side for a while. I can't be getting pwned by someone with a sillier name than mine. I say ban 'em. just kidding

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've seen KamilFox on here. I used to wear CLR tag without being on forums, too.

Comment

Apache is correct. Lots of lurkers on the forums.
                          It's all good.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by MulletRacer
                            ive seen alot that ive never seen lately

shirley temple just added it on his ir her name yester day i think
                            yeah i thinks so too teh name sounds firmliar oh yeah he was asking me how to join us

Comment

Like Apache I also lurked on the forums for several months. The fact that I had only been a very small part of one or two forums before made me a bit shy online. My typing ability has gotten much better but It still takes me a long time to type out a post. What made me a CLR was my gaming values not my ability to post. When the old forums were brought down I only had 160 posts but I was still a CLR.

Another thing to consider is that people play at different times of the day depending on their schedule. My schedule used to change drastically one month it was midnight the next it was 7AM. The CLR tag identified the people who played the same way I did no matter if I had met them before or not.

This is a fluid community people come and go as they please all they need to do is follow the rules in game.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X